The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2011 George Morris Horsemastership Clinic

I know it is five months away, but has anyone heard when the the 2011 Clinic dates might be? Sure hope the weather is warmer then this past January.

Haven't heard but I want to know I want to know
    Definitely hope it's warmer... even though it's been SO HOT and humid this summer... that I'll deal with cold any day!!
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!

Me too! I haven't seen any dates yet. I'm going to audit when he comes out to CA.
    "Look, I'm trying not to test the durability of the arena with my face!" (Because only GM can do that.)

LaurieP is usually very involved in it and would probably have information on the dates, but I think she's away from home, so she might not see this thread right away.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpingmaya View Post
    Haven't heard but I want to know I want to know
    Definitely hope it's warmer... even though it's been SO HOT and humid this summer... that I'll deal with cold any day!!
    I thought I'd be better deal with the cold vs the hot, but it was soooooo cold this year. We ended up doing a shopping trip to buy warmer clothes so we could wear three or four layers. It was so worth the cold though to enjoy five wonderful days learning from GM and the top equitation riders in the country.

I'll keep checking here on COTH to see if LaurieP posts Jan. 2011 dates. I'd love to take advantage of the lower flight rates right now.

The dates haven't been posted yet, but for the last two years, the clinic has taken place the last week before WEF started. I am assuming that will be true again in 2011, but will post here when I find out.

The cold last year was unbearable. No one had enough clothes (it was SOUTH FLORIDA, for Pete's sake!) and the last morning, when it was 11 degrees with windchill was just inhuman!
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    The dates haven't been posted yet, but for the last two years, the clinic has taken place the last week before WEF started. I am assuming that will be true again in 2011, but will post here when I find out.

The cold last year was unbearable. No one had enough clothes (it was SOUTH FLORIDA, for Pete's sake!) and the last morning, when it was 11 degrees with windchill was just inhuman!
    Amen to the cold last year Lauriep!!! Then again it was so worth sitting in the cold to see GM!! Thanks for the info. and look forward to coming down again to enjoy the Horsemastership clinic.

So Lauriep without nailing you down the dates of Jan. 3rd to 7th 2011 look like a very strong possibility for the Horsemastership clinic? :-)

it was worth it except that the last day was postponed and moved to monday and some of us had to leave,,, so hoping for no snow, rain, sleet this time, but heck right now that all sounds great, its about 90 for a low right now.

Yes, that is what is pencilled in in my calendar at the moment.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.

Yeah!! got it penciled in too!
    www.brydellefarm.com ....developing riders, NOT passengers!
    Member of LNHorsemanshipT & Proud of It Clique
    "What gets me up every morning is realizing how much more there is still to learn." -GHM

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Brydelle Farm View Post
    Yeah!! got it penciled in too!
    ROAD TRIP!!!!

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Default Update - sort of

I found out today that this clinic is now going to be run by the USEF. Meaning I have NO idea when, where, who will participate as clinicians/speakers (including me!) or anything else! So, all bets are off in the above information. I have not been contacted to participate, but I do intend to call George after the WEG and see what he knows. Stay tuned! I SINCERELY hope this doesn't mean they will start charging spectators...
    Laurie

Oh no I was looking forward to attending if at all possible..
    My blog
    Follow me along my eventing journey! Complete with mishaps

Vegas! 'Nuff said.

thanks for the update lauriep!
    www.brydellefarm.com ....developing riders, NOT passengers!
    Member of LNHorsemanshipT & Proud of It Clique
    "What gets me up every morning is realizing how much more there is still to learn." -GHM

Oh, I'm sure they'll charge spectators. Well, dependent upon cost...we'll see.... If anything, I do hope they continue to record the sessions and made the DVDs from them. Brydelle and I love the DVDs.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Any updates on this? I sure hope the format doesn't change, in that you can audit for free. Granted, I'll pay if I have to....

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    I SINCERELY hope this doesn't mean they will start charging spectators...
    Probably wishful thinking, once USEF is involved. But I would appreciate any updates, maybe I will finally get to audit this year.

On the Syracuse website under George Morris Horsemastership Training Session it say this on the bottom of them page:

No fee for auditors, however a donation to the USET Foundation is appreciated
    Don't know if that means they won't charge or if that's old information. Just figured I'd post it.

Probably old information.

I got my "official" call today from the USEF saying "no, thank you." Said they will be using a "pool" of people. And welcomed me to send any ideas I might have. No, thanks.

No mention of dates, but I would suggest keeping an eye on the USEF website for an announcement.
    Laurie

this does not bode well for a free wonderful clinic, thanks for sharing Laurie P, too bad