The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Contact local trainers and ask if any of their students are looking for such a job, and can the trainer provide a reference?

Of course, you'd have to screen the trainers somehow to avoid the krazy.
    ...somewhere between the talent and the potato....

Quote Originally Posted by Kate66 View Post
    Seriously! That would work out at $18,400 per year, plus pre-school at about $500/month, I would be paying $24,600 for child care PLUS feeding and having someone in my house 24x7! I thought an au pair would be fun to have someone in the house so I could mow the pastures, go to the grocery store without dragging my daughter along, maybe even get to ride my horse sometimes - almost have a teenager big sister for my daughter - but heck, it's not as if I am paying someone to take over the care and guidance of my child, so for that sort of money, I may just pass unless someone has some good ideas. Maybe I should offer accomodation for a student from the local university town in return for maybe 20 hours a week care/help?
    For that kind of pay, maybe I'll come to NC with you.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Jenn, you know I would LOVE you to come along....but it would be you, plus hubby, plus an entire rescue organisation of foster horses!!!

For the love...I seriously thought you were looking for an au pair for your horse.

I need to get more sleep.
    Founding Member of "I Kept 'Off Topic Day!' Open"

Quote Originally Posted by Kate66 View Post
    Jenn, you know I would LOVE you to come along....but it would be you, plus hubby, plus an entire rescue organisation of foster horses!!!
    Yeah, there's that little problem. But I do like the child and horse in question. Of course, I cannot keep MY horses ridden! Guess I'll just have to visit sometime...
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Talking

Hmmm... well... I've been thinking forever about a move away from here, and to that particular area of the US too... and I do adore that sweet girl, and am kinda horseless at the moment... and teacher certification is reciprocal state to state if necessary... wheels start turning...

I haven't seen you in awhile, I'll come by & visit (or call) when I get back from Mexico so you can fill me in!

ETA: Though, now that I think about it... you probably don't want 3 cats (mine) in your house!
    Last edited by texang73; Aug. 4, 2010 at 10:54 AM.
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com