The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Endure Quest Waterers, Anyone?

Hi,

Spinoff- anyone use these?

http://www.endurequest.com/waterers.php

We have several and really like them, and have heard their optional heater is also good.

Anyone else have experience with Endure Quest waterers?

Thanks!

I am sorta-shopping and intrigued by these. Do you have them in your stalls? It seems to show the unit on the pasture fence on their website...

How were they to install? I would be shopping for a field application.

Miss Motivation is offline Working Hunter Premium Member
    Original Poster

We use ours in box stalls, but they should work ok outside... it's an enclosed unit more or less... probably have to mount it on a sturdy piece of plywood or something?

Hope some others chime in here, I am really, really liking these but would love more opinions before I buy a herd of them.

I am really interested. I showed them to hubby last night, he liked the design and thought we could make it work, and, of course, the price.

We would have to foam insulate/heat trace the water line to the bottom of the unit as we get freezing weather. Based on the photo on the web, I am assuming that the heater is for the actual unit and not the supply line, and since it is shown off the ground, it would have to be set up to not freeze in the colder months.

Miss Motivation is offline Working Hunter Premium Member
    Original Poster

Call the company and talk to them- they have been helpful for my questions so far.

About to buy 16 more of these waterers for warm-weather use and hoping someone else will chime in with their experience... anyone?

Default Endurequest waterers

[QUOTE=Miss Motivation;5010584]Hi,

Spinoff- anyone use these?

http://www.endurequest.com/waterers.php

We have several and really like them, and have heard their optional heater is also good.

Anyone else have experience with Endure Quest
    They are the worst product I have ever used. They leak cant be adjusted and dont stand behind their product. They look nice but that is it

Default Updates

Anyone that got the EndureQuest waterers in the past few years have an update on them? Any problems? Has anyone used them in pastures? I am trying to decide if I should forego the expensive Nelson waterers for these instead.

Thanks!

I can't tell from the website...do these have a separate bowl that you can remove and clean?

I used to board at a barn that had a similar looking auto waterer, that did not have a removable bowl. They were a BEAR to clean. Total nightmare, especially if anyone pooped in there...

Default Endurequest Waterers

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    I can't tell from the website...do these have a separate bowl that you can remove and clean?

I used to board at a barn that had a similar looking auto waterer, that did not have a removable bowl. They were a BEAR to clean. Total nightmare, especially if anyone pooped in there...
    They do not have a separate bowl for the water but we have these all over our barn and also in the pasture and have no problems with washing them out when needed. We also love the heaters available making sure that the water never gets below 40 degrees. We have about 12 of these throughout the place. Also- I am not advertising but I get the best price from a place online called E-Tackroom. I am not putting the website just so that it does not appear I am selling for them but they gave me a great deal on quantities when I needed 5. Google them, I am sure you can find them. Also- I spoke with Amy. I remembered since she had the same name as me.