The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Unstable" - Equestrian Reality Show on CMT Canada

So what can our CotH Canadian friends tell us about this show? Looks like it's been on since late last year.

Take an emotional journey with pro-rider Allie, business manager Tammy and her 12-year-old daughter Alex, along with barn manager Megan, as they pursue their vision of building a world-class equestrian show barn. Pitted against established industry giants, the hardships of daily life and motherhood, and their desire for meaningful relationships, can the girls make their dreams come true?

Web site for show:

http://www.cmt.ca/unstable/

Video promos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL-QAwfpYi0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQiC-frLye8
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

It's a waste of time, however, you may find it useful to lull you to sleep so you can have a refreshing nap. I watched maybe one episode, at least enough of it to find it trite; it is even more boring than Gene SImmon's Family Jewels. If you want to watch reality tv with horses, watch Mantracker. If you want to watch educational reality shows, Ice Road Truckers or Deadliest Catch but I suggest you leave the dog that is Unstable sleeping - it is worse than soap operas
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Dislike.

But I think you can watch also watch full episodes on the CMT website.

I get enough barn drama in real life!

It is one of those it's-so-bad-you're-compelled-to-watch shows. I can't believe the barn actually gets customers after what has gone on in the show.

It's bad bad bad, but kind of entertaining in that watching a train wreck kind of way. The people on it come across as SO immature and petty, that it can be hard to watch. But if you want something to drink while laughing at and shaking your head at because it's so ridiculous, then you won't find anything better. I have no idea when it's on and can't say as I care!

It's awful! I watched a couple of episodes hoping to see some show or riding footage or something about the horses they have. Not much luck there, it's mostly the barn owners and staff sitting in front of the camera complaining about each other!
    Mantracker or Along for the Ride are better bets.

Oh good Lord! That show makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a very dull spork. I am amazed that they actually run a business like that! Even the grown women on that show behave like spoiled teenage brats. I'm not sure if the show is pretty much scripted to have as much drama as possible, or if they are just that moronic. I will give them this though, they do have very nice horses for the most part.

It's really darn bad, but I did watch all the episodes online. (; I can't take "scripted reality" shows and that was a really bad offender on that front... but the drama was entertaining.

Total consensus here - it's pathetic. What a bunch of horrible ***tches going for each other - I couldn't watch it although I was looking forward to a horsey show for once.

horrible show.. whats even worse is the "Advertising" for the show that Tammy does over on the EMG forums. Half the time posts as herself and half the time makes up fake people.. sigh those threads are total trainwrecks!

Although I have to say I know one of the girls on the show and even though she is a horrible drama queen on the show, she is actually very nice in person.

It's preeeeeetty awful. I wanted to like it, wanted to get some sort of enjoyment out of it, but didn't. At all.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

That Megan girl is very eloquent. I want to see her read Shakespeare.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Phhssstttt...I boarded at a barn with so much crazy ass drama that I often thought about contacting BRAVO and telling them that I had a great reality TV show right there for them and they could call it ...The Unstable Women of XXXXXX County.

Oh it is SO bad! I was very excited when I found out there was going to be a show about horses and horse people!!! Then I watched it. I even tried watching it a few times just to give it a chance as I really wanted to like it! I just can't take the drama...scripted or not. I wrote a review on their Facebook page. I give it 2 thumbs down.

I'll admit to watching it in morbid fascination. This is a barn I contemplated going to... before Unstable came out. I am thankful just about every day that I didn't!

The barn I ended up with has stabled/parked (for ship-ins) next to them at horse shows over the summer and there's an impressive amount of yelling and b*tching... One of their horses likes to kick at the walls and scream too which is nothing short of incredibly irritating.

I find it shocking that they actually have customers left after the mess of that show. Tammy's voice alone would send me running!

I'm wondering why you all watched it though if it was really "that bad"

I watched all the episodes online... thought all the drama was funny and was grateful to be at a barn that was completely the opposite! However, my friend boards her horse there and says that the show is scripted and it is not like that in person, which I was glad to hear. Because otherwise yeah, I could not imagine them having any customers!

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I just had to laugh that the one partner was "short on money" and couldn't afford the horse for her daughter, but was driving a VERY expensive European automobile.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by BB.MooseCow View Post
    horrible show.. whats even worse is the "Advertising" for the show that Tammy does over on the EMG forums. Half the time posts as herself and half the time makes up fake people.. sigh those threads are total trainwrecks!
    That thread was WAYYYY better than any episode, far more drama, realism and entertainment than the show.

I feel like you can probably get a good "first horse" with move-up capabilities for much less than 20k. Maybe I'm wrong. But with unlimited access to a barn and trainer (kinda the perk of being a daughter of an owner), wouldn't a semi-project be appropriate if the kid can already ride pretty well? And what was with the draw reins?

And if she can't... then 20k is much higher than I would pay for the real deal "first horse".

But to each their own.

I'm sure I'll watch all the episodes (I just finished episode 4), but man I don't think I want to be a client there, scripted or not!