The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Older TB Gelding as companion/light riding (NJ)

I am looking for a forever home for my 23 year old, 16.2 TB gelding. He is sound barefoot and still enjoys work. I think he'd like to do more but I just don't have the time or fiances. He was a hunter in his younger years and apparently did well over fences at some level. We found a chip in his knee so he shouldn't be jumped anymore. I've done dressage work with him the years I had him going. He was schooling first with laterals and is a fun easy ride. Once fit and tuned up I don't see any reason he couldn't still do a nice training level test. Goes into a frame well, carries himself, LIGHT in your hands. He's had a few years of of work spending time with a family teaching it's beginner members to ride. Great confidence booster and takes care of his riders. He has a great personality. Loads, baths, clips, pulls, cross ties, etc. No vices. You can ride him anywhere bareback with a halter. He's been paper chased, been to the beach, etc. I used to ride him out alone all the time and never worried about him. He does spook occasionally but its rare and he gives a lot of warning. He gets stiff and will snort a lot. Usually a pat on the neck and he' reassured enough to move along. He's not a leaper or runner. He will just balk away or stop and stare it. He'd be an excellent companion, he gets a long with everyone and rarely raises a foot. I never planned to have two horses and as hard as I've tried I need to place him. I can't keep up anymore. He's a great horse who deserves someone who can spoil him more and can have a place for him when he's ready to fully retire.

If your interested please send me a private message. I do ask for a vet referral just to make sure all will be well in his new home. He's too good of a boy, my "saint" and I just want to be sure he'll be taken care of.
    Last edited by SaluteAtX; Aug. 12, 2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: changes

Bumping up with some changes.

Check your PM's