The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

There is no excuse for this (warning: video has a rather loud soundtrack, so may need to adjust accordingly - I turned the sound off altogether):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-89HdpxeA8

Oh, but of course, Devorah has an excuse for the poor condition of the two stallions (according to one of her many comments to that video):

"The condition of both stallions was seriously degraded by Humane Officer Scott Whitely when he made the brilliant decision to load all stallions together in a stock trailer and then leave them in the same pens at a cattle auction all night long. Hours of fighting left those horses in the condition you have proudly displayed here."

Um, yeah.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Default Devorah You are living in you own world

Ms Devorah,
    People like you I am learning are called sociapaths. Who hide behind the lord as you say you do... I am sorry but God does not support you on what you did to those horses the pictures say all. Those stallions emaciated.. Would you like to see our stallion and what he looks like. You would like to put the blame on your help well let me tell you something I run a farm of 30 horses and If I starved those horses than my boss would ultimately be responsible.
    So for a women who hides behind the lord which ticks me off cause you are a Phoney.... I am sure God won't condemn you as he forgives everyone who asks for forgiveness but until you realized you did something wrong I do not think you are going above my dear
    God Bless you
    Stacy

Why is this thread still open?
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    Why is this thread still open?
    I think there are many reasons this thread is still open and many other reasons for it to remain open, why do you need to ask?

I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

"methinks you doth protest too much" or whatever it is. generally, devorah, dear, where there's smoke, there's fire. and the more you insist that you're innocent, the guiltier you look. especially when your version of the truth, and what the papers, etc, are reporting, are that different. but *shrug* what do i know? somebody pass the popcorn! lol

Users are welcome to discuss this case as charges have been filed, and while it's understandably a difficult topic/situation, please do so without getting into name calling, etc.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

I'm sure everyone will bear that in mind, thank you for the reminder.

If anyone is even interested in this any more it is now being posted she has just been given two new horses and feels the reason is she is now a horse magnet!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 1 View Post
    Users are welcome to discuss this case as charges have been filed, and while it's understandably a difficult topic/situation, please do so without getting into name calling, etc.

Thanks,
    Mod 1
    Thank you for the reminder my mouth keeps going sometimes.
    A good reason for this thread to be open because she is still taking in horses. People still actually giving them to her.

Quote Originally Posted by myheartsezyes View Post
    A good reason for this thread to be open because she is still taking in horses. People still actually giving them to her.
    Good grief, don't they read the papers?
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    There is no excuse for this (warning: video has a rather loud soundtrack, so may need to adjust accordingly - I turned the sound off altogether):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-89HdpxeA8

Oh, but of course, Devorah has an excuse for the poor condition of the two stallions (according to one of her many comments to that video):

"The condition of both stallions was seriously degraded by Humane Officer Scott Whitely when he made the brilliant decision to load all stallions together in a stock trailer and then leave them in the same pens at a cattle auction all night long. Hours of fighting left those horses in the condition you have proudly displayed here."

Um, yeah.
    The sad thing is....she probably believes what she is saying. People like this, can never admit that they did something wrong..it's always someone else's fault.

Sorry Deborah (if you are still on this board), but the horses in that video are in poor condition. Sorry, but the "police" can't just come in and seize horses because they are "out to get you"....nor would any county want to take on the burden unless they absolutely have to. Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by myheartsezyes View Post
    Thank you for the reminder my mouth keeps going sometimes.
    It's hard sometimes when this person is so damn frustrating not to let your mouth keep going, believe you me I've had to stop myself soooo many times : )

At this moment in time I wouldn't believe to much about what she posts about taking in new horses, she spouted that she was preparing for the return of the two stallions, not true! She also said she had acquired a further OTTB, but when asked by one of her so called "followers" for pics, she said she hadn't had the chance to photograph him yet! Hmmmm when you get a new "baby" what's the first thing you do?? This was at least two weeks ago and still nothing, I personally don't believe her, not anymore!!

And thank you for supporting this thread : )

Quote Originally Posted by dalpal View Post
    The sad thing is....she probably believes what she is saying. People like this, can never admit that they did something wrong..it's always someone else's fault.

Sorry Deborah (if you are still on this board), but the horses in that video are in poor condition. Sorry, but the "police" can't just come in and seize horses because they are "out to get you"....nor would any county want to take on the burden unless they absolutely have to. Shame on you.
    Perfectly said!

Although it was kept quiet, there was a hearing today, all I know right now is SHE/IT/HER was denied, denied the return of the two Stallions...woo, woo..not sure what happens next.......but keep your fingers crossed, hopefully this will end the RIGHT way : )

riverride Guest

Default Afleet Bob to be auctioned Sept. 2nd

Stephenville Tx on the courthouse steps at 10:00 a.m.
    The owners of Commitment will be there and will be
    bidding on his behalf....but Afleet Bob has no one to protect him from ending up back in her hands....Please get the word out if you can not be there yourself . You spoke highly of him and I hope you can help. Please get back to me with any questions and for video of Afleet Bob taken recently by Hoofprints ranch. Thanks

this is Afleet Bob: Someone needs to snatcht his guy up at the auction. he's lovely!

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...leetbob.jpg%26

What happened to Uptown Miami?
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Default Afleet Bob

My name is Barry Irwin.

I own Team Valor International racing stable.

Today I bought Alfeet Bob for $600 from a sherriff's auction in Stephenville, Texas.

Team Valor used to race Alfeet Bob.

I plan to do an indepent investigation of the affairs that led him to be placed in this auction.

So far, I can tell you that I am not happy with my dealings with the sherriff, the district attorney, the animal cruelty crowd or the judge.

I am unconvinced that Devorah Aikman is as bad a person as she has been made out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Irwin View Post
    Today I bought Alfeet Bob for $600 from a sherriff's auction in Stephenville, Texas.
    How much did Commitment sell for and to whom? I know his original owners wanted him back.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Thanks for rescuing Bob!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Irwin View Post
    My name is Barry Irwin.

I own Team Valor International racing stable.

Team Valor used to race Alfeet Bob.

I plan to do an indepent investigation of the affairs that led him to be placed in this auction.

So far, I can tell you that I am not happy with my dealings with the sherriff, the district attorney, the animal cruelty crowd or the judge.

I am unconvinced that Devorah Aikman is as bad a person as she has been made out to be.