The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 355
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar. 14, 2002
    Location
    The horse country of VA
    Posts
    3,319

    Default

    There is no excuse for this (warning: video has a rather loud soundtrack, so may need to adjust accordingly - I turned the sound off altogether):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-89HdpxeA8

    Oh, but of course, Devorah has an excuse for the poor condition of the two stallions (according to one of her many comments to that video):

    "The condition of both stallions was seriously degraded by Humane Officer Scott Whitely when he made the brilliant decision to load all stallions together in a stock trailer and then leave them in the same pens at a cattle auction all night long. Hours of fighting left those horses in the condition you have proudly displayed here."

    Um, yeah.
    Equus Keepus Brokus



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct. 31, 2005
    Posts
    19

    Default Devorah You are living in you own world

    Ms Devorah,
    People like you I am learning are called sociapaths. Who hide behind the lord as you say you do... I am sorry but God does not support you on what you did to those horses the pictures say all. Those stallions emaciated.. Would you like to see our stallion and what he looks like. You would like to put the blame on your help well let me tell you something I run a farm of 30 horses and If I starved those horses than my boss would ultimately be responsible.
    So for a women who hides behind the lord which ticks me off cause you are a Phoney.... I am sure God won't condemn you as he forgives everyone who asks for forgiveness but until you realized you did something wrong I do not think you are going above my dear
    God Bless you
    Stacy



  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep. 5, 2005
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    6,606

    Default

    Why is this thread still open?
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry



  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul. 28, 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    Why is this thread still open?
    I think there are many reasons this thread is still open and many other reasons for it to remain open, why do you need to ask?



  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep. 5, 2005
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    6,606

    Default

    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Apr. 28, 2004
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Posts
    4,539

    Default

    "methinks you doth protest too much" or whatever it is. generally, devorah, dear, where there's smoke, there's fire. and the more you insist that you're innocent, the guiltier you look. especially when your version of the truth, and what the papers, etc, are reporting, are that different. but *shrug* what do i know? somebody pass the popcorn! lol



  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2007
    Posts
    4,007

    Default

    Users are welcome to discuss this case as charges have been filed, and while it's understandably a difficult topic/situation, please do so without getting into name calling, etc.

    Thanks,
    Mod 1



  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jul. 28, 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I'm sure everyone will bear that in mind, thank you for the reminder.

    If anyone is even interested in this any more it is now being posted she has just been given two new horses and feels the reason is she is now a horse magnet!



  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct. 31, 2005
    Posts
    19

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 1 View Post
    Users are welcome to discuss this case as charges have been filed, and while it's understandably a difficult topic/situation, please do so without getting into name calling, etc.

    Thanks,
    Mod 1
    Thank you for the reminder my mouth keeps going sometimes.
    A good reason for this thread to be open because she is still taking in horses. People still actually giving them to her.



  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar. 12, 2006
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myheartsezyes View Post
    A good reason for this thread to be open because she is still taking in horses. People still actually giving them to her.
    Good grief, don't they read the papers?
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*



  11. #51
    Join Date
    Aug. 5, 2006
    Posts
    5,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    There is no excuse for this (warning: video has a rather loud soundtrack, so may need to adjust accordingly - I turned the sound off altogether):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-89HdpxeA8

    Oh, but of course, Devorah has an excuse for the poor condition of the two stallions (according to one of her many comments to that video):

    "The condition of both stallions was seriously degraded by Humane Officer Scott Whitely when he made the brilliant decision to load all stallions together in a stock trailer and then leave them in the same pens at a cattle auction all night long. Hours of fighting left those horses in the condition you have proudly displayed here."

    Um, yeah.
    The sad thing is....she probably believes what she is saying. People like this, can never admit that they did something wrong..it's always someone else's fault.

    Sorry Deborah (if you are still on this board), but the horses in that video are in poor condition. Sorry, but the "police" can't just come in and seize horses because they are "out to get you"....nor would any county want to take on the burden unless they absolutely have to. Shame on you.



  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jul. 28, 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myheartsezyes View Post
    Thank you for the reminder my mouth keeps going sometimes.
    A good reason for this thread to be open because she is still taking in horses. People still actually giving them to her.
    It's hard sometimes when this person is so damn frustrating not to let your mouth keep going, believe you me I've had to stop myself soooo many times : )

    At this moment in time I wouldn't believe to much about what she posts about taking in new horses, she spouted that she was preparing for the return of the two stallions, not true! She also said she had acquired a further OTTB, but when asked by one of her so called "followers" for pics, she said she hadn't had the chance to photograph him yet! Hmmmm when you get a new "baby" what's the first thing you do?? This was at least two weeks ago and still nothing, I personally don't believe her, not anymore!!

    And thank you for supporting this thread : )



  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jul. 28, 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dalpal View Post
    The sad thing is....she probably believes what she is saying. People like this, can never admit that they did something wrong..it's always someone else's fault.

    Sorry Deborah (if you are still on this board), but the horses in that video are in poor condition. Sorry, but the "police" can't just come in and seize horses because they are "out to get you"....nor would any county want to take on the burden unless they absolutely have to. Shame on you.
    Perfectly said!



  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jul. 28, 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Although it was kept quiet, there was a hearing today, all I know right now is SHE/IT/HER was denied, denied the return of the two Stallions...woo, woo..not sure what happens next.......but keep your fingers crossed, hopefully this will end the RIGHT way : )



  15. #55
    riverride Guest

    Default Afleet Bob to be auctioned Sept. 2nd

    Stephenville Tx on the courthouse steps at 10:00 a.m.
    The owners of Commitment will be there and will be
    bidding on his behalf....but Afleet Bob has no one to protect him from ending up back in her hands....Please get the word out if you can not be there yourself . You spoke highly of him and I hope you can help. Please get back to me with any questions and for video of Afleet Bob taken recently by Hoofprints ranch. Thanks



  16. #56
    Join Date
    Apr. 6, 2006
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    this is Afleet Bob: Someone needs to snatcht his guy up at the auction. he's lovely!

    http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...leetbob.jpg%26



  17. #57
    Join Date
    Feb. 10, 2006
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, take a right, FL
    Posts
    4,419

    Default

    What happened to Uptown Miami?
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

    Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.



  18. #58
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2010
    Location
    Versailles, Kentucky
    Posts
    6

    Default Afleet Bob

    My name is Barry Irwin.

    I own Team Valor International racing stable.

    Today I bought Alfeet Bob for $600 from a sherriff's auction in Stephenville, Texas.

    Team Valor used to race Alfeet Bob.

    I plan to do an indepent investigation of the affairs that led him to be placed in this auction.

    So far, I can tell you that I am not happy with my dealings with the sherriff, the district attorney, the animal cruelty crowd or the judge.

    I am unconvinced that Devorah Aikman is as bad a person as she has been made out to be.



  19. #59
    Join Date
    Mar. 14, 2002
    Location
    The horse country of VA
    Posts
    3,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Irwin View Post
    Today I bought Alfeet Bob for $600 from a sherriff's auction in Stephenville, Texas.
    How much did Commitment sell for and to whom? I know his original owners wanted him back.
    Equus Keepus Brokus



  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep. 11, 2008
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Thanks for rescuing Bob!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Irwin View Post
    My name is Barry Irwin.

    I own Team Valor International racing stable.

    Today I bought Alfeet Bob for $600 from a sherriff's auction in Stephenville, Texas.

    Team Valor used to race Alfeet Bob.

    I plan to do an indepent investigation of the affairs that led him to be placed in this auction.

    So far, I can tell you that I am not happy with my dealings with the sherriff, the district attorney, the animal cruelty crowd or the judge.

    I am unconvinced that Devorah Aikman is as bad a person as she has been made out to be.



Similar Threads

  1. Doug Spink Arrested for animal cruelty...
    By Seal Harbor in forum Off Course
    Replies: 489
    Last Post: Dec. 13, 2012, 11:04 PM
  2. .
    By Watermark Farm in forum Off Course
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar. 28, 2012, 01:31 PM
  3. What defines a "rescue" animal?
    By Nes in forum Off Course
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: Aug. 18, 2011, 07:14 PM
  4. Rescue Leader Charged With Animal Cruelty
    By khp vol in forum Off Course
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar. 11, 2011, 03:31 PM
  5. Animal cruelty taken to new "heights."
    By Sonesta in forum Off Course
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Aug. 6, 2010, 07:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •