The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone heard of Andrea Leatherman?

So I came accross an ad for an Andrea Leatherman Clinic coming up in September. I know she is dating Buck Davidson and is obviously in good training and in good connections and her advertisement gives her background which is pretty impressive. Has anyone ever cliniced with her before? I am interested in attending this clinic to ride in both phases of it but wanted opinions on her teaching/coaching before I put down the money. Thank you!

Never cliniced with her but she is a lovely rider.

Jennifer

Default Love Her!

I had ridden with her for a year or so prior to her leaving for the Pollards in GA, and then to PA.. and when our schedules coincide I ride with her when she comes to give clinics in SC.

She has a sharp eye and is great with both the ambitious rider as well as the fearful rider. She especially excels in understanding the OTTB!

She has helped me with my newbie baby's as well as my Intermediate horse.

If you want more info, you can pm me.

While I've never ridden with her, Andrea rode my mare and competed her at Novice when she worked for the Pollards.

Andrea is a very nice, intelligent person and a quiet, effective rider. She knows how to bring a horse along and does well with sensitive horses (like my mare).

I'd say "go for it" - I audited one of her clinics and really liked her teaching style and the work she was able to get out of both horses and riders.

Andrea and I were in Pony Club together . . . good times, we were the worst games team ever, I think, haha.

I haven't seen her teach in years, but worth an audit at least. She was recently kicked, and is in the hospital, so I'm not sure what her lay up time is right now though.

She is a great girl and a good rider...and yes she could use some jingles right now....wasn't sure if I wanted to post or not. I would imagine by September she will be able to teach but as of yesterday she was still in ICU but doing well.
    I would be in the go for it camp!
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

My daughter did a brief time as her working student, before she left Pollards for Bucks. She found her teaching style and eye very helpful.
    Jingles sent to her.

How is Andrea? I see Buck is competing her horse this w/e?

The kick did some liver damage- she is out and stable- but stuck not riding for 3 months. Even in a car for now, so couldn't get to watch Millbrook. Tough break...But there's always next year. (my mantra)

I grew up riding and doing Pony Club with Andrea in high school- I haven't met the "professional" Andrea, but judging from the level of skill, maturity and general dedication to excellence she had as a teenager, I wouldn't hesitate to endorse her to anyone- when she recovers, and I hope soon!