The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

drmp10 Guest

Default Schooling/Local Horse Shows in Central PA

Does anyone know of some low key hunter schooling shows in Central PA? We show at the schooling shows at Swan Lake and the Crossroad Tack Shops schooling shows at Quentin. Does anyone know of anymore preferably on Sundays? Thank you so much!

Our horse shows are on Sundays. Click the link in my signature.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

We do a Wed. night schooling series through the summer, and larger Sunday shows 3 times a year.

Click on the link in my siggie...

The shows Sing Mia Song mentioned are really nice, and she's judged for us a few times, so I think she likes our shows too.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

I also give 2 thumbs up to Shadowbrook! I look forward to taking my green bean later in the summer!
    Cindy

Thanks for thumbs up, guys! MGP's shows are also really nice, with a great course, and they are also easy to get to. But of course, I'm biased.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Outlaw Stables does a nice schooling show. Lots of options for the green rider/horse- I think her website is Outlawstables.com (In New Bloomfield..not far from Harrisburg)!

Thumbs up

There is the PECHA series (or something like that), that is held at three farms- Halcyon, Hollyhurst and Harmony Hill. There are three more shows coming up, this coming Wednesday is at Harmony Hill, one more at Hollyhurst and the finale is at Halcyon.

Nice jumps, nice footing and a relaxed atmosphere- the shows are on Wednesdays, which is nice No extra fees, just pay for your classes!
    Erin and
    Instant Karma "Sunny", ShineDown "Liam"

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails."

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    There is the PECHA series (or something like that), that is held at three farms- Halcyon, Hollyhurst and Harmony Hill. There are three more shows coming up, this coming Wednesday is at Harmony Hill, one more at Hollyhurst and the finale is at Halcyon.
    IK, we were thinking about coming to the next one at Hollyhurst, but I couldn't find the prizelist online. Do you have a link?

Never mind--I found it!

PECHA Prize List

Although located in Butler area, Horse on Course has a great schooling show series. In State College during the weekend of September 18-19 there is an open show (with english classes) on Sat. and hunter show on Sun. at the Grange Fair Grounds. Huntingdon Horsemen does shows the last Sunday of the month during the summer. CPHC in the Centre County area has a great hunter show circuit as well. Pm me for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Sing Mia Song View Post
    IK, we were thinking about coming to the next one at Hollyhurst, but I couldn't find the prizelist online. Do you have a link?

Never mind--I found it!

PECHA Prize List
    Hey that would be awesome

Would you be bringing your greenie? Or maybe not so greenie anymore?? It's been a long time since we have chatted!
    Erin and

Hey that would be awesome

Would you be bringing your greenie? Or maybe not so greenie anymore?? It's been a long time since we have chatted!
    Oh no, he's still a greenie! He had the trailer accident a couple years ago, so we lost a significant amount of time. And he's a tense one, so we are spending a LOT of time trotting around crossrail divisions at baby shows.

Joyce hauled out the PA system today and he about lost his mind. He doesn't mind it at the shows, but at home? Horrors!!

Unfortunately, it looks like a big project at work is going to roll out that day, so looks like I'm going to have to pass. Next year!

what about Heritage Acres? They have great shows-run well, free food (everyone whos showing brings 1 thing), and nice prizes!
    "to each his own..."

just a horse obsessed girl who finds blogging way more fun than being an adult...
    http://equinerainman274.wordpress.com/

Heritage Acres doesn't hold any schooling though.
    Erin and

Heritage Acres doesn't hold any schooling though.
    Do you mean schooling or schooling shows? Because Heritage has a schooling break between every division. And while they aren't technically "schooling" shows, they are still low-key and fun.
    - - - - - -
    \"I found my inner bitch and ran with her.\" ~ Courtney Love

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonGraduateRider View Post
    Do you mean schooling or schooling shows? Because Heritage has a schooling break between every division. And while they aren't technically "schooling" shows, they are still low-key and fun.
    Schooling shows I meant. And his rateds are low key and fun but they still charge all of the fees associated with a rated horse show.
    Erin and