The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default SC - Myrtle Beach horseback riding

Not sure where to post this..

I am going to Myrtle Beach this coming weekend and would love to do a ride on the beach. I found Inlet Point Plantation and HorseBack Rides of Myrtle Beach LLC (I think?). They both have good reviews but I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of these or if you have a different suggestion? Thanks! Money is not too big of an issue but I don't want to pay out the a** for it if possible!
    Last edited by mustangsal85; Jul. 26, 2010 at 03:43 PM.

Myrtle Beach is not in NC! Sorry cant help you other than that. Pet peeve of mine is people who get SC and NC mixed up, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by shawneeAcres View Post
    Myrtle Beach is not in NC! Sorry cant help you other than that. Pet peeve of mine is people who get SC and NC mixed up, sorry!

I knew that, sorry! Thanks for pointing that out. My parents live in NC and we are going to Myrtle Beach.. just slipped out.

I don't live there, but we do have a condo there. I have often come across the place you listed and another website suggests a place called Mclean's Park I believe.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4460410_ride...tle-beach.html

I have often toyed around with the idea of living at Myrtle for the summer, but I need to bring my gelding with me. Maybe Catersuns can help us both out. She is from around that area.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsal85 View Post
    I knew that, sorry! Thanks for pointing that out. My parents live in NC and we are going to Myrtle Beach.. just slipped out.
    OK will forgive you! What KILLS ME is when the "yankees" say "I'm going to Carolina" like it's all one big state

OK will forgive you! What KILLS ME is when the "yankees" say "I'm going to Carolina" like it's all one big state
    Haha damn Yankees!!!!

Well, bless their hearts; they just don't know any better.
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

You'll have to go to Inlet Point. It's a privately-owned beach with a stable.

The public beaches (which is pretty much all the rest of the Grand Strand ) don't allow horseback riding from March 1 until November 1.

I haven't ridden there yet, but last year they did a hunter pace series that I sure hope they repeat this year. Anyway, I saw the stable and the horses and it looked like a good operation.

Inlet Point is on Waities Island, which was family-owned and so not developed the way the rest of the Grand Strand was. So you can see the beach the way nature intended - three whole dune lines and a lovely wide beach.

I've never heard of Horseback Rides of Myrtle Beach. Anyway, they won't be riding on the beach in Myrtle until the first of November.

p'aint beat me to it... have I ever mentioned how frusterating it is to read Coth on my iphone adn NOT be logged in to reply until I get home????

I've heard good things about inlet point, and they do advertise as riding on the beach in myrtle beach.

If you wanted to come in the winter and bring your horse there are a couple of stables that you can board your horse at for the time. The one that I KNOW does it is Hardee Lane Farm in conway, which isn't a bad drive. All equine beach access when the beaches are open to horses is at the state park.
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.