The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default USEA question

Now that they are not allowing free access to their database, membership has become rather imperative for my research.

Does anyone know if a non-competition (supporting) membership will allow searches of horses and results?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Can't answer that question for you, but you can search results for events on my website in two ways. There is a regular search feature on left side of every page, or you can go to each event page, click whichever year you want [older dates at the bottom] and scroll through results by division. www.kyevents.net

www.eventingnewsusa.com, click results, then you can search for horse's name. Unfortunately it comes up with the individual events rather than a listing of each horse's record.

If the horse is USEF recorded all the results will be on that website.
    The problem is USEA doesn't require USEF recording till a certain level.
    I had contacted them (USEA) to see if they could provide info on one horse that a friend was interested in. They were quite rude. Basically go away or be a member, No Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    Now that they are not allowing free access to their database, membership has become rather imperative for my research.

Does anyone know if a non-competition (supporting) membership will allow searches of horses and results?
    I would think so. It just says "member" login

But call or email Jennifer to be sure.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

The USEA still allows a horse search for non-members, but it doesn't give any detail, however, they still allow rider searches that do give detail. It's a bit more labor intensive, but if you search for horse results then click on the rider listed in the results you can get the full details. You can also click on the event name in the horse results and find the horses name and details in those results. All the information that was available still is, it's just a bit more labor intensive to get. Not sure why they did it that way, but they did. Hope that helps.
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams