The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Retired Racehorse Training Project

The Retired Racehorse Training Project is building a new web site that will include a directory of trainers who work successfully with Thoroughbreds off the track. If you or somebody you know would like to be included in the directory simply fill out this directory questionnaire. You will note that we include not only contact information and web site links, but also your own description of your background, acccomplishments, and training facilities. Our hope is that people who are acquiring horses off the track will contact you directly for training services. The listings are free, but we encourage you to provide a link on your web site to www.retiredracehorsetraining.org.

If you sell or place retired racehorses but do not take them in training, let us know. We are putting together a separate directory of sources for horses off the track that will include racetracks, non-profit adoption programs, and private sellers. If you sell and train we will list you in both.

The Retired Racehorse Training Project is a non-profit organization recently established to educate the public about the qualities and the training of Thoroughbred ex-racehorses. It was founded by Maryland-based trainer Steuart Pittman, his wife Erin Pittman and a board of directors that is committed to expanding the market for retired racehorses.

Click on the link below to be included in the directory:
    http://survey.constantcontact.com/su...gbjk48mo/start

Thank you for your time and for working with these generous, talented and athletic animals!
    Sincerely,
    Steuart and Erin Pittman
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

How fantastic for you guys to do this! Thanks for taking to the time to set up such a thing.

I hope Ishi at Westwind Farm will sign up. I will send her a message.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Erin--I forwarded this to Leigh Gray who heads up Thoroughbred Rehab Center, Inc. in California. Hopefully, you've heard from her by now. BTW, Elk Mountain, one of hers, just ran 5th Intermediate at Rebecca Farm.
    Cindy

Erin, a few people have tried to sign up, but apparently the link isn't working. Can you check it?
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :