The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage barns w/schoolies, Richmond VA area???

I asked this once before a while back and got no responses, figured I'd try again. Are there any barns in the area with school horses? Looking for someone who is a h/j rider, not a beginner, that wants to do some dressage but doesn't have a suitable horse.

Thanks.

Try Barbara Wiefelstede at Chestnut Oak Stable - she is a "R" judge and has some school horses available. She has an excellent eye and is a good instructor (although she won't blow smoke up your skirt - said by someone who knows and loves her as a trainer).

About 5 mins off the I-95/Doswell/Kings Dominion exit.

www.chestnutoak.net
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post

Give it up. Many of us CoTHers are trapped at a computer all day with no way out, and we hunt in packs. So far it as all been in good fun. You should be thankful for that.

I board with Barbara, so I second the recommendation. I have never taken a lesson from her, but she's a super nice lady, and her horses look good.
    There's also Lani & Patrick Tigchelaar in Hanover. I don't know if they have schoolies, but they always have horses advertised for lease, so they might be available for lessons. www.tdstables.com
    Amateur rider, professional braider.
    ----
    Save a life, adopt a pet.

Default Chestnut Oak

BW is awesome. A truly wonderful person. Beautiful facility. She has schoolling shows and Deb Bowman has clinics there once or twice a month - so there's more bang for your buck!

b

We don't have school horses but one of my boarders has expressed interest in half-leasing one of her horses for someone who would like to take lessons with me if that would be of interest.

Also second the rec for the Tigchelaars. I met Lani years ago when she came for clinics with George Theodorescu and I invited them to start their business at my farm when they got married. We had a great time together for a couple of years but their business eventually outgrew the space I had for their client horses. Lani's teaching is kind and clear for the newcomer to dressage.

Lea Ann
    www.glamorganmanor.com

804/393.0498