The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tell me about Gallarius

I posted this many months ago before I got my gelding's registration papers and didn't realize that I had mispelled his name.

I inhertied a very nice 1998 gelding by Gallarius. This gelding is the most saintly horse I have ever owned (not to mention the biggest.. Husband's jaw dropped when I took him out of his stall)

I have emailed Thomas Farms to get some info (I'd love to have another one like I've got now.......Gallarius/Ultraschall)..but was curious to hear if anyone here has any offspring by this stallion and what you think.

We bred our DWB mare to Gallarius the resulting boy is now 11 and 17.2H. He is a very handsome horse and a super mover. His owner bought him as a youngster and did all the training on him. He did have a rough bout of Lymes and does have some residual problems but works under saddle daily and does local shows.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    We bred our DWB mare to Gallarius the resulting boy is now 11 and 17.2H. He is a very handsome horse and a super mover. His owner bought him as a youngster and did all the training on him. He did have a rough bout of Lymes and does have some residual problems but works under saddle daily and does local shows.
    Got any pics?

PM me your email and I'll send photos of him as a foal and I have some from when he was about 3 or 4 but nothing too recent. I'll email the gal who owns him and ask if she has any current photos. He is a big handsome horse with tremendous movement but the Lymes did affect his hind leg movement.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"