The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Post Schooling/rules question - unrecognized horse trial at rec event site

We have a recognized event coming up in our area. The week prior to the recognized event, a pony club is having two unrecignized one day horse trials back to back at the same site.

The omnibus for the recognized event says the cross country course is closed to schooling well prior to the date of the pony club horse trials.

My question is would someone planning to enter the recognized event be allowed to enter the horse trials or would that put them in violation of the rules for the recognized event? I'm guessing the latter, but it's not addressed specficially in the information provided for either the event or the horse trials.

Thanks!
    G&T

The latter. I'm not sure what HT it is but most of the time in the omnibus I see "Cross-country course closed x for competitors." when the course is open for schooling or other events.
    Winfield Farm
    Karrera "Zoee" ~ Redshift "Orion" ~ Inquisitive "Q" ~ No Doubts "Lady"
    I Paid For My Vet's New Truck Clique

Check with the organizer. The rules themselves are pretty flexible.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I would check with the organizer, no reason to not be totally sure. My assumption is that you can't but hey maybe that would be fine. There's no telling!
    Always pay equal, if not more, attention to your own self carriage, than that of your horse.

My guess is you would be allowed to go to the PC sponsored event, but now I am really curious...after you talk to the organizer, please post back!

I thought course closures were up to the venue, when they did or did not want people on the course, so attending the schooling trials would be OK. you aren't schooling you are competing.

But check with the organizer - and do tell - it's a good question!