The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Showed at Philadelphia today!

Hi All,
    A filly I bred several years ago, Rosalita's Wish, ran third today in the 10th at Philly Park, a Maiden Special Weight. 1 1/16 on the turf for $46,534-. Yippee!!!!!! It just feels super when a horse you've bred proves her mettle.

I am so happy. Congratulations to owner John Benson, trainer Don White, jockey Saul Arias, and all the grooms, exercise riders, hotwalkers, and other staff.

Rosalita's Wish is by Fastness out of Lyphard's Theatre (aka 'Juliet') by Theatre Critic out of Billy's Wish (a tough, hard-knocking mare back in the early 1980s).

She had a couple of races up to tonight and proved she had some talent. Tonight at the longer distance she really showed her stuff.

Maybe some of you don't get excited about a showing but every time they go out there and try so hard and do well it's a thrill for me. Thanks for listening!

Gallop On!
    Hallie I. McEvoy
    Racing Dreams, LLC

Default Congrats !

I remember what a gorgeous grey streak Fastness was, he was a beauty ! There's nothing like watching one of your own, turning for home, giving you all they've got is there... good for you !
    Last edited by Stellaspeed; Jul. 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: sp
    Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength

Congratulations! That's terrific.

I almost had a Fastness foal. The mare colicked and died before it was born. I was really looking forward to that foal because the mare had produced a spectacular performer before I got her.
    I would take a third place in a MSW any day of the week! You get a nice check and get to keep the condition. Congrats.

Default Thanks!

Thanks So Much Stellaspeed, LaurieB, and Laurierace!
    I'm still wonderfully happy this morning!

I will say, however, that after she is finished with her career as a working girl (so to speak), she'll have a forever home either as a show horse, a broodmare, or as a beautiful and stately lawn ornament. The owner, John, is a GREAT guy!

Yippee!!!!!

And, Laurierace, you're absolutely right about Rosalita's Wish keeping her conditions in a MSW. That's a super bonus right there. Since I called you a short time before the race you know what that means....I'll have to phone you everytime I have a horse running!

And, I'm so sorry about your mare and Fastness foal. How sad for you! Fastness does pass on a ton of talent and conformation, as well as a good attitude.

Hallie

Congrats!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Default More Information About Field

Hi All,
    Just received this nice note from John, the owner of Rosalita's Wish regarding the race:

"Rosalita ran another really nice race on Saturday afternoon against a pretty tough field. She would have been much closer than 6 lengths behind if she hadn’t gotten bottled up and bumped on the far turn when one of the leaders fell back quickly. When she got back to the barn she was running circles around her hotwalker. She could have gone back out and run another mile!"

"The winner is a half sister to Grade 1 winning millionaire Rutherienne. Repeller, the 6th place horse, is a half sister to Grade 2 winner Redaspen. Moonbow, the 5th place horse is by Distorted Humor out of a Storm Cat mare who is a half sister to champion sprinter Gold Beauty, the dam of Sky Beauty. Also, Moonbow is a half sister to a stakes winning, Grade 2 placed grass horse."

This fresh information makes the third place finish of Rosalita's Wish even more special to me! Wow! Some super nice fillies and mares in the race. I am still floating happily about the experience.

Gallop On,
    Hallie