The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Experiences with EquiSport NJ?

Any experience with this barn? It looks very nice from the road..
    Any info, good or bad, is welcome.
    TIA

Are you looking for somewhere to train? I do not think they are that type of barn, mainly sales and young horses. In that area of New Jersey you have tons of choices depending on what you want out of a barn/trainer.

While I don't have any personal experience with the facility, I know someone who at one point was assistant trainer there. He had nothing but nice things to say about it (including after he quit working there), and said that Adam was the best jumping instructor he'd ever worked with (though apparently he's a big yeller, haha). I don't think it's just young horses and sales - I know my acquaintance taught a LOT of lessons, rode client horses, and coached at loads of shows. I think Equisport is a pretty standard full service "A" barn in terms of what they offer. If that's what you're looking for, from what I've been told they're worth checking out.

Well I personally had a HORRIBLE experience with the so called great Equisport!! Adam in my opinion can't ride his way out of a paper bag. His wife is a nasty witch, who he only married her for her money. Got the whole story from his barn help. His prices are a joke, very expensive and half the time he isn't even there to work your horse. Usually has some wanna be student/manager ride your expensive show horse and crash them thru the jumps!!!! If you have any common sense and love your horse DON'T GO THERE!!

FYI before Adam married Laci he was a groom for Sulu Rose and Gail Thompson at the Galloping Field. He does not have much experience riding in the upper levels. As I said in an earlier post there are TONS of options in the area.

Thanks guys!