The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wanted Beginner Safe Horse for Wonderful home

I am posting this for friends of mine. They own a 25 acre farm in Bucks County, PA and give wonderful care and can provide a forever home.

They have had some very bad luck when it has come to finding a horse for the youngest daughter who is 13. She is intimidated by size and is an advanced beginner, who is learning to jump cross rails right now.

They have been through literally 10 horses and each one was either crazy, way too much horse, very old, green or lame. They got scammed by someone who pawned off a 27year old horse as 16 because they couldn't read teeth. He was a good horse for 1 year and then they retired him till he died with them 3 years later at 30. The current horse she has is wonderful for her. He is an 8yr old paint who she rides every now and then, but they had him x-rayed and he has navicular. He is ok with bar shoes and bute, but with fly season he isn't staying very sound. He is a lifelong resident at the farm though...

So, they are looking for a horse that is safe and that she might be able to take to local shows and do small jumps with. It doesn't matter if it is male or female, just that it is safe and sound.

They have references and an open door policy- where you can come at anytime to see the horse.

If anyone might have something like this, or know anyone who does, please PM me!

Thanks!

bigdreamer6 Guest

We are looking to find a new home for our mare who would be a wonderful horse for a young rider. My daughter began with her as a new rider 6 yrs. ago & was a timid rider at first, but the mare knows how to jump & has a very patient willing heart so it was easy for my daughter to learn how to ride/jump.

We live in FL & she is a non-sweater in this unbearable heat. We are looking to find her a cooler home where she isn't so stressed. In the cooler weather she sweats, but stops once the heat & humidity of FL hits. She is 18 yrs. old, chestnut, loves to jump, loads, clips, ties, no vices, a sweetheart of a horse. It is a heartbreak for us but she needs to be more comfortable.

She has done many shows, hunter paces, trail rides, a few fox hunts. I can give you references so you can call & speak with people who know the horse ( trainer, vet, etc.) We just want her to go to a place where she is loved & comfortable.

We have lots of pictures for you to see her.

bigdreamer6 Guest

Default Northern bound

We are looking to find a new home for our mare who would be a wonderful horse for a young rider. My daughter began with her as a new rider 6 yrs. ago & was a timid rider at first, but the mare knows how to jump & has a very patient willing heart so it was easy for my daughter to learn how to ride/jump.

We live in FL & she is a non-sweater in this unbearable heat. We are looking to find her a cooler home where she isn't so stressed. In the cooler weather she sweats, but stops once the heat & humidity of FL hits. She is 18 yrs. old, chestnut, loves to jump, loads, clips, ties, no vices, UTD shots- a sweetheart of a horse. It is a heartbreak for us but she needs to be more comfortable.

She has done many shows, hunter paces, trail rides, a few fox hunts. I can give you references so you can call & speak with people who know the horse (farrier, trainer, vet, etc.) We just want her to go to a place where she is loved & comfortable.

Lauren317 Guest

Default I have a QH gelding

Hi- I have a QH gelding in west chester PA. He is great and quiet. 16y/o 16.1 h. He was used for trail riding until I had my baby a year ago now he is living in the pasture. I'm not sure he'd be suitable for jumping, but if that's not a requirement let me know. He does have a "big knee", he was treated with Adequan and has been sound for the past 2 years. Thanks!

Any updates? Does the rider have a trainer?
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.