1) Let's do the IMACOTH'r pin/stick/shirts... whatever again this year!
Last year some of us had the IMACOTH'r (ill post a picture) tag pinned to our bodies, backpacks, hats. In fact, one interesting COTHr (who was it?!) had the tag attached to two giant curly antennae's coming out of her head! Hard to miss!
2) LET's have a GET TOGETHER! There are so many people I want to meet and I never seem to be able to meet them! Can we have like an official "course walk" or "brunch" or something? Meet by the lake, or the scoreboard....
3) Who's camping?! I'm gonna go down on Tuesday (I think) and hopefully get a tent site! Is this feasible? I heard a rumor that the campgrounds guy said if you aren't there on Monday, you won't get a primative site. SHould I panic?
A sideline .. for those who are going to be there on THURS April 22nd, you might want to attend:
* Rood and Riddle will hold an equine-health seminar on April 22 at the Kentucky Horse Park's South Theater. The seminar, which will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. and has a $5 admission, will include presentations on treadmill examinations of the upper airway; magnetic resonance imaging; and sport-horse medication rules. Presenters will include Dr. Chris Newton, Dr. Scott Hopper, Dr. J. Brett Woodie, and Dr. Kent Allen.
This is my first Rolex as well! I really, really hope we can get the t-shirts before we go. If not, I'm sure I can think of some way to proclaim myself as a COTHer. See y'all there. Oh, also, I vote for a meet up - an official one so we don't just say, "Yeah, everybody show up and we'll meet." Something with a definite time and place!
One must think when looking at a horse in motion, that it hears music inside its head.
I'm counting the days! I just hope my mare foals by then...she's 4 days over and not showing any signs of being imminent. As long as she drops this baby, my husband, several friends, my dog, and I will be there!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mcmIV:
3) Who's camping?! I'm gonna go down on Tuesday (I think) and hopefully get a tent site! Is this feasible? I heard a rumor that the campgrounds guy said if you aren't there on Monday, you won't get a primative site. SHould I panic? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not camping this year but last year the campground wasn't as bad as it has been in years past -- no more dog agility trials at the same time. However, you should still get there on Tuesday if you can swing it. That will, hopefully, get you closer to the bathrooms if needed. I slept in my horse trailer last year (in the gooseneck portion of the dressing room) and stayed at a campsite slot with a couple of others (in tents) so the close proximity of the loo was really helpful. You don't have to be in primitive just because you have a tent (although the RV'ers will wish they had your pad). I ran an electric line to my trailer for the fridge & microwave. (Just because we went without the RV doesn't mean we can't have some luxuries.)
I also hope that there will be a COTH get-together.
Tara & Timberwolf
Prince George's County, Maryland
Wow -- ya'll are lucky to be going this year! I sure wish I could! I went to it in 1997 and 1998 and it was absolutely amazing. Of course, at the time, I was 11 and 12 (respectively) and hadn't heard about David O'Connor yet so I didn't really know who I was getting my picture taken with and getting an autograph from. I just remember my friends telling me he was famous and an amazing rider. LOL.
But really, hope you all have fun and take lots of pictures. Maybe one day I'll get to go experience it again. It's what made me decide one day I would love to event, but there's no eventing barns in my area that give lessons, so I'll have to put my dreams on hold. Until then, I live to go watch the Poplar Place Spring Trials. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif
I would say probably 1 1/2 hours from Louisville to KHP.
I'll be there Friday and Saturday definatly and maybe on Sunday. But, I'll be in a meeting on Friday and am fence judging all day Saturday, so probably won't be able to meet anyone. But I will print out the sign and pin it on me somewhere just in case anyone wants to meet me (which I doubt, but just in case http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif )
I'm not going there for any reason... but I'm planning to be at the KYHP all week camping! So I'm BET I'll be very free to run over to louisville and get you if you can't get a ride! 1 1/2 is not the end of the world.
Of course, if I get that (damned) job offer in the next week or two, I might not be camping at all... I *might* be moving! We will see....
Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)
I got a really wonderful pullover at Rolex last year and I'm not going this year so I went out to the site to see if they were selling any of the stuff online--and they aren't! What a missed opportunity! Bummer. I wonder if they'll consider it for the future. They could probably sell some of the shirts from their old events as well--if they have any left. They sell out SO quickly!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate.