The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Eventers in the Northeast Ohio/Western PA area?

Hello there!

I'm looking for some eventers in the northeast Ohio or western Pennsylvania area who are possibly willing to transport to shows?

I am having a hard time getting rides to events right now but would love to be able to get to some this show season.

Will help pay with gas, etc.!

Please let me know soon! Thanks everyone.

Where specifically are you located?
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

I am also watching this thread with interest since I'm in Pgh and both looking for a place to start taking lessons again and a way to start getting some show/event experience by volunteering.

So anything nearby could be interesting.

Horsecents - replied.

Bumping this up!

Bump. Was anyone at South Farm this weekend?

Also, anyone going to Bath next weekend?

I competed at the South Farm Mini Trial this weekend. They do such a wonderful job on both their recognized and unrecognized Horse Trials.

Ended up 2nd in the Novice Horse division finishing on our dressage score. Was tied for first going into XC but it is so difficult to make optimum time with my horses gigantic stride. I was quite pleased to have a nice relaxed trip and finished 30 seconds under the time.

Not going to Bath but participating in the Eric Dierks Clinic at Stonegate Farm.
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

I was at South Farm this past weekend as well. I agree, they are always so organized and the facility is so well-kept. The Mini Trials are on the same level as their Horse Trials, IMO.

I had the same problem! Haha I was tied for second going into cross country, but the person I was tied with was closer to optimum (by about 10 or 15 seconds, darn!), so I ended up in 3rd.

If anyone is going to Bath this weekend, they are taking late entries, so I'm really trying to get down there. Please let me know!

It's always nice to hear from Western PA/Pittsburgh eventers. I board at a great eventing facility just outside of Pittsburgh. The training is truly AMAZING, I can't even begin to explain the progress I have made since moving there last October.

The facility is run by Joan Simmons and her daughter Rebekah. Rebekah is an UL rider and just won CCI* at Virginia Horse Trials in May and was a working student at OCET for 5-6 years. She is an amazing trainer and can transport to shows.

I really can't say enough about this facility and the training. They bring in clinicians (JJ Tate was just in a few weeks ago for a dressage clinic) and have an indoor, outdoor, large pastures, excellent care, etc. etc. Their website is www.stonehousefarmonline.com and PM me if you want more information and Rebekah's info...I think the number on the website is for the farm.

^ Do you go to an of the Ohio events?

I wanted to add that if anyone in the Pgh area needs an extra pair of hands - I need to be educated since I've never been a groom before, but I'm responsible and safety-conscious and generally learn quickly, and I'd love to get more experience with eventing just in general, how events run, that sort of thing.

kdow, you could always come and volunteer @ Stone Gate Farm Horse Trials. You would learn a lot and have my undying gratitude

check out our volunteer page at www.stonegatefarm.org

I could always use help before, during and after our events.

Jackie

I'm headed to Bath this weekend as well. Bringing two horses (what was I thinking?). If any of you can get out to Stonegate...Jackie has some really great things going on at her farm. She also gives awesome lessons!
    RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

Jenarby - Do you have space in your trailer? If so, do you feel like picking me up? Haha. They are taking late entries so I'm really trying to get out there.

Sent you a PM!
    RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

Thanks for the 'plug' Jenarby. Good luck this weekend.

Bumping this up to talk about some of the upcoming events.

Anyone going to BPC on August 22nd, or any of South Farm or Stone Gate's events in September?

I will be going to South Farm's mini trial in September.

I'm gonna hopefully get out to that one as well!