The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Luftikus?

I know this is a very long shot but it never hurts to throw things out there ~ I would like to have another Luftikus kid, last one was Red Ransom on the damside so that doesnt hurt either LOL ...

if you run across one who needs to be rehomed, let me know. I want a dressage type. TIA!!
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

There's usually a bunch at Charles Town

eta (of course I go look at our listings and can't find any at the moment, but we do typically run into them a fair bit).

eta again, I lied. Here's one, but it's a horrible picture.

Isabella G (and Ferdinand in there too)

Last edited by caffeinated; Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:54 AM.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Loff her. Exactly what I am looking for.... but with male tackle.

However, it will be hard to say no to that big red headed girl! Wow!
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

There's a luftikus gelding at Hidden Meadows, but he's recovering from major surgery to have his ankle fused. ("rhythm")

My CANTER blog.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    There's usually a bunch at Charles Town

eta (of course I go look at our listings and can't find any at the moment, but we do typically run into them a fair bit).

eta again, I lied. Here's one, but it's a horrible picture.

Isabella G (and Ferdinand in there too)
    Too late

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine Cullen View Post
    Too late
    Details please! Did you get her?

My CANTER blog.

Call Mr Casey at Taylor Mountain Farm. He owns and stands Luftikus. Tell him what you want so when he retires one you can go have a look.

1 members found this post helpful.

Details please! Did you get her?
    Yes! She is a gem and will be going on a lovely vacation shortly, then later I'm sure she will tell us what she wants to be when she grows up.

Seriously, I think I would keep her around to snort at the dogs and eat peppermints if she doesn't want to be a riding horse - she is so sweet!

Ditto Muleskick--contact Mr. casey. Breeders often have one they want to place, sometimes a sentimental favorite they can no longer race. He has a lovely farm worth touring too. Personally I liked the looks of Weshaam and would be interested in one of his. Don't know if he is still around.
    http://TouchstoneAcres.com
    Touchstone Acres Lipizzans, Standing N. Samira VI (Gray), N. XXIX-18(Black), more in 2014

Weshaam is still around but I don't know if he covered any mares this year. we have a two year old filly in training now by him. I have had several and liked them all.

I just checked in and saw this.. Thank you for a great idea!! I will do so.
    ---

It is wrong to brag like this but I am so proud of her that I can't stand it. Here's Isabella G (mentioned above) last weekend:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac_CbUzULl8

She's the best!

1 members found this post helpful.

Wow - what a great video and what a nice round!

It is not wrong to be so happy with what these horses do for us and it is great when you share

Thanks.

There is a Big gorgeous Luftikus gelding under the CT listing's "Marty"
    http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ainer-listings
    He is even better in person. A real sweetie pie too. Worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone

Am I silly for thinking Lufitikus' desirability for Sport derives (at least in part), from Speak John??? I have loved every horse I've known from that line (my 2 best mares of all time, e.g.), worrying about it perhaps fading away as time passes. Not too many tail male stallions around anymore.

If you are interested in a Prince John tail male, check out this stud at Suffolk Downs. I think he's cute, but then I am partial to greys

http://www.pedigreequery.com/blushing+charlie

Catherine congrats on a job well done with Isabella.

Fish I believe alot of his desireability comes from the fact that for the most part they are big attractive horses that are typically sound and correct with good minds, so they are very rideable. And as you pointed out the pedigree points at all of the above.

Have a filly in the barn now and as usual she is a lovely individual.

This was very nice to see OP. I had the pleasure of meeting Luftikus when he first went to Mr. Casey's farm and I have to say that he was one of the kindest temperamented stallions I have ever met. Also, Weshaam produces some of the most beautiful horses, bar none, that I have ever seen. A classic looking dressage horse came into the old paddock area at Charles Town, who was so big, likely a tad over 17H that he filled up one of those little concrete stalls that they had. Very, very kind horses in general also. Not the fastest of runners, but for temperament, looks and movement you can hardly lose. Now that other boy they had, the rather famous or shall I say infamous, "My Boy Adam", there was one, if he had had access to a Kentucky gene pool for instance, I think could have produced some of the fastest TBs ever, as it was, he produced a ton of bread and butter winners. If he is still around, and even if he isn't, my hat is off to him.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

There's a luftikus gelding at Hidden Meadows, but he's recovering from major surgery to have his ankle fused. ("rhythm")
    I guess you know this story but he nearly died along with many others who did. I think he ended up at the big Maryland rescue farm, I am just blanking on the name, after the seizure. I wonder what ever happened to the drug addled Mary?
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

I know this is an old thread but here's a pretty filly by Luftikus, just in time for Christmas.