The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sound, broke, 9-yo TB mare in BC

Home found... thanks everyone!

After much, much soul-searching, TONS of waffling, lots of justifications and trying to make it work, I have made the decision to find a new home for one of my mares. At 7-1/2 months pregnant there is no reason I should have 2 horses, and I can't even seem to find someone with appropriate experience who is willing to ride her for free.

So... I am looking for an EXPERIENCED owner to give her a great home. She is a 9-ish year old unregistered/unraced TB mare, about 15.2hh. She is very, very sweet and loves people, broke walk/trot/canter but not much more than that. Still green in my opinion. She is not spooky at all but can be a handful when not worked consistently. She is also super sensitive to the aids and needs a tactful rider. She thrives on attention, gets along well with other horses (not mareish at all), has never bucked/reared/bolted/etc., not a mean bone in her body. She's a good girl... just needs an owner experienced with TBs.

She is not an easy keeper. She is underweight right now and we are stuffing her with hay, beet pulp, Step 8 etc and she is putting it back on slowly, but I believe she will always be tough to keep weight on. She is UTD on worming, shots, just had her teeth checked and evaluated for ulcers. Her feet are okay-- not terrible, but not amazing either. She has never been lame.

She will be a lovely hunter-type... pretty mover, long and low when relaxed, but will need consistent work to acheive that relaxation. She is never spooky but can get tense when nervous.

I do not have many pictures of her, but can share what I do have if you PM me with an email address. I will also do my best to take more asap.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Potential owners MUST be experienced, and local enough that I will be able to see where she is to be kept. Both myself and her prior owner would also like if we are kept updated on her progress. She is a nice girl and we hate to see her go... it just isn't feasible for me to hang on to her right now
    Last edited by VanEq; Aug. 8, 2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Vancouver Equine
    www.vaneq.com

Bump... very sweet mare, needs her own person.
    Vancouver Equine
    www.vaneq.com