The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wanted: Free Lease Trail horse in Central MD

I'm looking for a horse to free lease on my small farm, starting in probably September. Two of my ponies are most likely leaving on a free lease in late August, so that's when I'd be able to take another horse in. I have a mare and a gelding the horse would be living with and I prefer a relatively easy keeper. Older age isn't an issue, as long as the horse is sturdy and sound- no arthritis please. It has to be over 15 hands and pretty wide/stocky. Must not be spooky, quiet, confidence builder type. Nothing that's going to buck, rear, bolt, or be silly. It would be used for guests and to give beginner lessons to a girl. I'm flexible, but I need something that has a good mind for other people to ride. Email is the best way to reach me: flickachestnut8@yahoo.com

mdhorserider Guest

Default QH Available

I have a 11 yr old QH gelding who needs an easier life. I ride trails 1.5 hours lots of trot and canter about 4 days a week. He has navicular and is not holding up to the cantering. Vet says needs someone who wants to ride 1 hour maybe 2-3 days a week.
    I have had him 6.5 yrs. He is calm, no spook or buck. Very friendly on the ground. Will go out alone or in a group. Not afraid of traffic, tractors, dogs, etc. Safe enough for a kid in a ring to walk and trot. Easy keeper. Must wear special shoes. I am on eastern shore of md
    aswartzalso@yahoo.com