The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    The Road to the Horse is an event where they run some untouched 3 year olds in an arena and three clinicians pick each one and have three hours that day and three more the next day to handle, saddle, ride and go thru and obstacle course.

In 2011 it will be Pat Parelli, Clinton Anderson and Chris Cox, I think.

I wonder if PP really thinks he is up to that, or if RRTH and PP are both using that for publicity, but in the last minute they will have someone other than PP in his place?

I can't imagine he will do that well, for several reasons and he has way more to lose if he doesn't, I would think.

You can talk yourself out of some training troubles like the infamous LP video, or this here, but you can't from several hours of mishaps, maybe flat out mistakes and compared, side to side, with others that have done that before and shown they can do it and well.

It will be interesting to see what happens, will it.
    it didn't hurt CA one IOTA when he badgered a colt he described as destined to be a delightful ladies or child's horse, just a good boy...into coming after him, teeth bared and going for it- when he turned his back. Not. One. BIT. He lost that RTTH to Chris Cox, whose body language indicated for the entirety of the event, that he wouldn't pee on CA if he was on fire. Just sayin'.

The last I heard PP was no longer doing Road-rather an starred PP instructor was taking his place.

Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    The last I heard PP was no longer doing Road-rather an starred PP instructor was taking his place.

Someone came to their senses.
    I don't blame PP, that was a harebrained idea to start with.
    PP, as good as he may be in other ways, is not that kind of a hand to start with, other than maybe in the mind of their followers.

From the comments on the video site:

"I am training a left brain extrovert, and a right brain introvert at the same time"

Ay yi yi.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Adelita View Post
    From the comments on the video site:

"I am training a left brain extrovert, and a right brain introvert at the same time"

Ay yi yi.
    Something wrong with this? The person is just saying that she/he has two horses that are polar opposites that she's working with at the same time..

In that case it would be highly athletic horse, lots of energy, bit of a bully and the horse who is more timid and fearful.

Parelli did what he did in broad day light for everybody to see. He didn't hurt
    the stallion and stopped to take it up another day.

What's horrible and frightening is what dressage queens do in the dark in the absence of art.

Dressage horses who need injection in their crippled hocks. That's what's sad.
    Veterinarians are getting rich on treating dressage horses crippled by
    dressage queens.

They're not getting rich off Parelli and his students.

Someone came to their senses.
    I don't blame PP, that was a harebrained idea to start with.
    PP, as good as he may be in other ways, is not that kind of a hand to start with, other than maybe in the mind of their followers.
    Well back in the day when it was first started and operating under it's spanish naming convention....he won it. And saw fit to take his shirt off and hoot and holler. Those were the *drunken* daze

Ya know, shave off the mooostash, make him take off the hat, and put him in a pair of regular pants with a regular belt and all those ditzy women wouldn't think PP was so "speshul" after all.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    Or Fruit Rollups wrapped around the bit
    Oooh! Good one.
    Comprehensive Equestrian Site Planning and Facility Design
    www.lynnlongplanninganddesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Domino View Post

They're not getting rich off Parelli and his students.
    true...you gotta actually do something with a horse to need a vet...or have money....

Tamara in TN
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    it didn't hurt CA one IOTA when he badgered a colt he described as destined to be a delightful ladies or child's horse, just a good boy...into coming after him, teeth bared and going for it- when he turned his back. Not. One. BIT..

or the mare the year I saw him...

Tamara in TN
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post

You heard wrong.
    "Have a Coke and a Smile"

We're on a roll here:

Parelli....

Rollkur/DQ conspiracy theories....

Is somebody going to go for the trifecta and bring up slaughter/backing 2 year olds/Vanners, etc.?
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Quote Originally Posted by 7HL View Post
    You heard wrong.
    We will just have to see then, will we, when the time comes.

I'm shocked that the Parelli's don't impliment a "No Videotaping" policy when they do these demos. I don't think they would want to risk anyone actually having proof of what shams they are and what they really make the horses endure.

As an aside, for those that were followers of the Barney saga, did anyone see this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP6WdKZLv0U

I came across it on youtube, and it's pretty much a refute to those PP nuts that claim Linda was doing what was necessary in order to handle such a dangerous equine as Barney :eye roll:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Schune View Post

As an aside, for those that were followers of the Barney saga, did anyone see this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP6WdKZLv0U

I found another good Barney video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZivl5iKCo

Jeez. She has the most chaotic and inconsistent body language. I see what she's trying to do, and I've seen it done well, but she's got a weird frenetic energy that makes ME agitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreene View Post
    I wonder how much $$ Robert Whitaker got for that. Douchebags, all of them.
    That is exactly what I was wondering. Whitaker must need cash flow and/or be lacking sponsors to put up with that Dog and Pony Show of PP.

I wonder if the stallion will kick the tar out of the farrier, or the next person who needs to clean it's hooves, after having it's legs pulled out from under it during the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky6 View Post
    We're on a roll here:

Parelli....

Rollkur/DQ conspiracy theories....

Is somebody going to go for the trifecta and bring up slaughter/backing 2 year olds/Vanners, etc.?
    spotted horses tenderize better........

Tamara in TN

The Road to the Horse is an event where they run some untouched 3 year olds in an arena and three clinicians pick each one and have three hours that day and three more the next day to handle, saddle, ride and go thru and obstacle course.

In 2011 it will be Pat Parelli, Clinton Anderson and Chris Cox, I think.

I wonder if PP really thinks he is up to that, or if RRTH and PP are both using that for publicity, but in the last minute they will have someone other than PP in his place?

I can't imagine he will do that well, for several reasons and he has way more to lose if he doesn't, I would think.

You can talk yourself out of some training troubles like the infamous LP video, or this here, but you can't from several hours of mishaps, maybe flat out mistakes and compared, side to side, with others that have done that before and shown they can do it and well.

It will be interesting to see what happens, will it.
    I think Chris Cox has been kicking everyone's ass at that event now for several years. Love Chris Cox, have learned ALOT from his show....Pat Parelli is nothing more than Horse Amway.