The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

If someone did that to one of my horses I would have to punch them in the snout. Poor horse, and all the poor horses whose owners went home and trained them with the "parelli" method.

I always thought Parelli was a marketing genius, but didn't really see the harm in him, until now. That sucked. One day a horse is going to clobber him in the head and put an end to it.

Frankly puzzled here. Is there sound for the second video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j25pS6ixWk

Why was no methodology shown? Heck, as far as we know he did use sugar cubes or whatever is in Parelli's lunch.

Was that video posted by Parelli? I just don't get it.

It was a fast release video from Parellis themselves to pre-empt all the personally filmed stuff that they knew was going to be released all over youtube. The session went crappy and too long and they way overdid it and underestimated the horse and screwed up.
    They knew people were filming it and going to talk about it negatively and post the videos so they hurried to release a heavily edited version and words like "what people THINK they saw" crap.
    Typical Parelli...and brazen enough in the knowledge that their followers are so stupid that they will tell people what they want them to see vs what they actually DID see.

As for anyone still idolizing these folks and believing only what they're told to see instead of using the grey matter between their own ears to form their own opinions...well, just goes to show they fit the word "sheeple" as opposed to people. They'd probably also believe the mother ship is coming and they should drink this koolaid now.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    Frankly puzzled here. Is there sound for the second video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j25pS6ixWk

Why was no methodology shown? Heck, as far as we know he did use sugar cubes or whatever is in Parelli's lunch.

Was that video posted by Parelli? I just don't get it.
    I think that was hastily thrown together in an attempt to forstall criticism.

And it did work, for some people.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

I have come to the conclusion that people see what they want to see. And no amount of reasoning with them will change that.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Anyone else getting an "Access Denied" when they try to see the "Non-Parrelli Approved" version? It's showing something from my Virus Protection. Call me a cynic, but I wouldn't put it past the camp or He Who Shall Not be Named to try to shut down this video.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMeadows View Post
    No no no. See, horses are too dumb to realize a hose isn't a snake, so no way would they recognize you as the giver of food. They just realize HEY! MAGIC FOOD AGAIN NOMNOMNOM GET OUTTA MY WAY YOU FUGLY TWO LEGGED HORSE.

Heck, according to pepperoni, horses are too dumb to realize that WE aren't horses! That's why it's ok to hit them with metal in the face.

Here's a clue pepperoni cult members - you are NOT a horse. Your horse knows this. The only one in the relationship who's missing this fact is you. Honestly, as stupid as they must think horses are, it's no wonder most of them are too afraid to get on their horses! I wouldn't go near a 1200lb animal that I thought couldn't differentiate between entire species.

Best post EVER.

Seb
    Aca-Believe it!!

Quote Originally Posted by seeuatx View Post
    Anyone else getting an "Access Denied" when they try to see the "Non-Parrelli Approved" version? It's showing something from my Virus Protection. Call me a cynic, but I wouldn't put it past the camp or He Who Shall Not be Named to try to shut down this video.
    I was able to view it just now
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH

I saw it just now as well. PP is an ass. Why he has to go to extremes can only be explained by his love of the spotlight - certainly not the love of horses.

I simply don't get it. There was no reason for his behavior towards that horse. Why do people buy this sh!t?

Please explain. If it is a simple formula, I'm using it in my next grant application.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

P allows spectators to video his demos? Lots of clinicians do not allow it and I'd expect him to charge for the video if you want one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that people see what they want to see. And no amount of reasoning with them will change that.
    Agreed~

Then there is opinions, everyone has one.... as well as

Quote Originally Posted by Grataan View Post
    IME horses don't react the way he is described as reacting unless they have a deep seated fear of the activity. Often they will still react that way even after the pain is gone-until someone comes along and retrains them. My point here is that they could have said "Horse was in a trailer roll over and hit his head requiring 8999999 stitches as a 3 year old and has since been hard to bridle"

The more I think about this horse the more I want to do nuclear scintigraphy if the basic exam is non eventful-I wonder if he has a hot spot in his neck and would benefit from an injection. I have a friend on the show circuit who had a horse that would flip over to avoid the bridling/unbridling and she had his neck injected and he returned to the show ring better than ever.
    What sort of injection - anti inflammatory or like pentosan for arthritic changes.

We had a horse that was dangerous to bridle - the chiro reduced his behaviour problems by 50% in 20 seconds by untwisting the ligaments that some moron had damaged by twisting his ear in the first place. Then it was time and consitant FAIR treatment that got him another 40% down the track but he was never 100% trusting of his ears being handled - but neither had his mother been without the pain factor.

The chiro said this horse had had a headache for two years and it was quite amazing to see how his attitude in the paddock and stable changed as well- he gained a lot of weight.

I'm wondering if such a scan and injection would have helped him a bit more.

As to Pat the Hat

I am really confused as to why ANY HORSEMAN wouldn't just say "this horse has too many issues to be addressed in 20 minutes"?

That is neither admitting defeat or saying that your method sucks, it is just acknowledging that no two horses are the same.

Very disappointed!

This is the version I watched

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gf7w_1ifus

Yup. Just ask the still-alive-followers of Jim Jones.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    P allows spectators to video his demos? Lots of clinicians do not allow it and I'd expect him to charge for the video if you want one?
    I suspect the poor quality of the video can be blamed on this policy. He did indeed have a no video policy the time I saw him (I happened to be at a trade fair where he had a booth).

Someone was using a cell phone surreptitiously
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH

You cannot reason a person out of a position they didn't arrive at in that manner.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did some googling to try to find some first hand accounts, and found this.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7431-Anima...e-Parelli-demo

Sad overview. The end covers the koolaid wash on the whole thing...
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzrider View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did some googling to try to find some first hand accounts, and found this.

Oh, my God. You know, I don't object to things like lip chains when appropriate (while attempting to bridle = not appropriate moment), or even with a dangerous horse a 'cowboy' method like a rope on the leg--but that leg rope? Pepperonis, UR DOIN IT RONG. All they were going to succeed in doing with that rope was potentially break his leg. Tying a leg is a last-resort method for DANGEROUS animals and should only be attempted by SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WTF HE IS DOING. And anyone who knew what he was doing would have known with that horse leg-tying would be swatting flies with a sledgehammer. *I*, or almost any randomly selected poster on COTH, would have a better chance of getting that horse to take a bridle.

God help them the day someone volunteers a truly dangerous horse, because someone will be killed. That might be what it takes to put an end to their shenanagens, though.

I would think that the horses used are heavily screened if not outright worked with beforehand to make sure that the great mustached one looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzrider View Post

Great article, however they didn't include that according to multiple witness accounts, after Catwalk was examined by the vet and excused from further work, PP kept after him during the weekend against the vet's instructions.
    I noticed in the comments to the article the kool aid drinkers have come full force some calling it libel. How does multiple eye witnesses, including video lie? These people need to wake up and smell the giant hole in their pocket book and the even bigger hole in their brains...