The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

kkwildhorse Guest

Default 11 yr old Appaloosa Gelding -- NH

Due to medical and financial reasons, I have to find a new home for my 11 yr old bay roan appy gelding. He is a willing trail partner with wonderful comfortable gaits; lots of fun to ride out on. He goes out alone or with others; prefers to lead. He, also, does well in the ring, having done basic dressage; rounds nicely. Goes English and Western, though he likes a light direct rein; currently going bitless.

Jake's a big handsome chunky QuarterHorse-type; 15.3h. He'd make a great husband horse for the experienced rider. Jake needs a strong consistent alpha to respect on the ground. Under saddle, Jake needs an intermediate to experienced rider to do such things as leg yield to deal with his momentary bouts of anxiety. Natural horsemanship training has been done.

Pictures are available via email. kkwildhorse@hotmail.com

I need to rehome Jake by the end of the summer. Thanks.

kkwildhorse Guest

More on Jake, based on questions I received:

Jake is a dominant guy, having been gelded late. He will become obsessed with a mare and will herd her around like there is no tomorrow. It will not be a good thing for anyone involved. Jake would need to be turned out alone and/or with gelding(s). Currently, he lives with the spanish mustang I, also, need to rehome. They have two stalls that open into a large paddock that opens into a larger field. More often than not, Jake and the 2 year old are hanging out in Jake's stall, grooming each other from withers to hind fetlocks, or nose to nose eating hay. Best buddies.

Jake is a guy who likes his creature comforts. He is often found hanging out in his stall if there is no hay outside. Right now, he has two fans in his stall and he is in heaven. That being said, he does enjoy a good run in a field and the luxury of grazing for hours.