The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sempatico babies undersaddle - again a year later

I wanted to see all those sempatico babies being started or already under saddle. I'd love to see if any are jumping yet or in the show ring, but any i'd love to see and hear about any undersaddle!
    I have a 3 year old that has been undersaddle for about 3 months now. Hes doing great. W/T/C and is a trail master already! So lets see them!

Talking one under saddle...two to go

I have three Sempatico fillies...
    The four year old is fine boned a petite 15.2 but thinks she can and could jump anything if I let her that is...
    Trainer was working her through a cross rail bounce and she just jumped the whole 9 feet at a trot...I kinda fainted as she left the ground...nice form, good height and form!!! But oh my nervous system.
    Sahara is not scared of anything...has a tad too much youthful eagerness, and a lovely hunter movement. Would be a very bold event horse if pointed that way.
    Pics on my web site of her at a big B circuit type show at Thunder Bird Show Park. Dam was a 16hh TB mare with good substance...
    This one...may ...grow<smile> if not lovely type for a petite ami...
    The other two are big girls...out of very different mares. The yearling is tall lanky and has big bone, out of an imported Swedish mare 15hh on her first birthday. The two year old was 16hh on her second birthday out of my Canadain Pinto not very big mare.....mostly TB Arabian with a bit of racing paint....not a big mare. Foals get quite tall but usually not so fast..
    Martha
    Breeder of Quality and Colour
    Tobiano Pinto Sporthorses
    www.jmrpintos.com

Pinto - Sahara is just lovely!!! Is her dam a Hunter-type mare?

I took my 3 year old to the Dressage summer sizzler this past weekend.. Not to show, but to expeirence it. It was the first time I really rode him at a show. He was awesome, he acted like he'd been doing it his whole life! We are going to do Intro in Sept! Here are a few pics. We rode in the indoor and then also outside on the cross country field.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...127_746440.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...127_746427.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...127_746428.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...127_746431.jpg

This is Lori Knapps 5 year old showing at Brownland... King of Hearts. He was bred by Renee at Heart of Gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P0TE...feature=autofb
    Cloverfox Stables

Quote Originally Posted by pinto power View Post
    I have three Sempatico fillies...
    The four year old is fine boned a petite 15.2 but thinks she can and could jump anything if I let her that is...
    Trainer was working her through a cross rail bounce and she just jumped the whole 9 feet at a trot...I kinda fainted as she left the ground...nice form, good height and form!!! But oh my nervous system.
    Sahara is not scared of anything...has a tad too much youthful eagerness, and a lovely hunter movement. Would be a very bold event horse if pointed that way.
    Pics on my web site of her at a big B circuit type show at Thunder Bird Show Park. Dam was a 16hh TB mare with good substance...
    This one...may ...grow<smile> if not lovely type for a petite ami...
    The other two are big girls...out of very different mares. The yearling is tall lanky and has big bone, out of an imported Swedish mare 15hh on her first birthday. The two year old was 16hh on her second birthday out of my Canadain Pinto not very big mare.....mostly TB Arabian with a bit of racing paint....not a big mare. Foals get quite tall but usually not so fast..
    Martha
    Martha,
    How funny, small world. I have been emailing you about Sahara, just opened this thread because I had never heard of the stallion before and was curious about the offspring.

Sahara IS adorable, if I were in BC, Canada I'd be right over!

Talking

JB
    ...yes Sahara's dam was a TB with the *best*huge flat kneed trot....scored well at her CSHA inspection right out of the field..no choice as I leased her, and she was bred, and came to the inspection....
    One of the three inspectors told the crowd that he did NOT like chestnut mares...then he saw me running her..(puff puff) and said turn her loose...then "OK changed my mind she can come to my place"! Nice compliment.
    Perfect Pony(sorry)...come on up! Really you are welcome to come and visit. We are about 3 hours north of Seattle by car!
    Martha
    Last edited by pinto power; Jul. 13, 2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: ack...not proof read..sigh
    Breeder of Quality and Colour
    Tobiano Pinto Sporthorses
    www.jmrpintos.com

My just turned four year old mare is doing wonderfully.... she just started really working this spring, and she's now going a nice w/t/c. She's probably one of the most willing, quiet, sweet horses I've ever worked with before - I'm totally in love. I will try to post some video soon so you guys can see her go.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Flying Hearts; Sep. 5, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Any other baby videos? Anyone?

http://www.hopefulfarm.com/images/savannah6A.jpg

This is my 3yo mare by Sempatico. She's not yet under saddle, but is lunging with tack.

She takes everything in stride and is so calm and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HFSH View Post
    http://www.hopefulfarm.com/images/savannah6A.jpg

This is my 3yo mare by Sempatico. She's not yet under saddle, but is lunging with tack.

She takes everything in stride and is so calm and cool.
    Wow, I absolutely LOVE your mare! She is stunning.

Congratulations to all, your horses are all lovely.
    Free bar.ka and tidy rabbit.