Default Dressage Trainer in Athens, Ga

I am blessed to have a wonderful trainer here in Alpharetta but unfortunately my mare and I are both going back to Athens in the fall for school.

We are only at training level but she's is rather hot (TBx) and I want to find a kind/encouraging trainer who understands how a TB mind works.

Does anyone know of a trainer in the area who works well with sensitive horses and would be willing to travel to us (unfortunately I do not have regular access to a trailer)?

Thanks,
    Taylor

Go see Cindy Thaxton at High Point Equestrian! She is fabulous, has a gorgeous facility, great working students and assistant trainers, and is a lovely (very encouraging/non screaming) instructor. Lots of room to hack out too!
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

I have heard her name mentioned many times. Do you know if she is willing to travel?

I don't think she travels (at least not for a single lesson, she does travel for clinics) as she is very busy with her in house clients and showing and the like. She might know someone good who would travel to you. She's a great person to know in general, has been in the area a while and is well respected here!

What level are you and your horse? (ETA: Doh!!! Sorry, I should read for comprehension more often! )

I'm a big fan of Karen Czarick. She is more of an "eventing dressage" trainer, but the horses she produces are always light and correct, in the classical sense. Pretty sure she DOES travel - at least, she did when I lived there.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

^ thank you so much for the recommendation, I will definitely look into her. I love how reasonable her rates are (at least on her website).

Give Susan Dye a call. She's an FEI level trainer/rider who will travel to you, and she's GREAT! Is fabulous with all horses. She works with my 2 TB's and my WB's as well. PM me if you'd like her #. Couldn't be happier with her!

Will also give two thumbs up for both Karen and Cindy!!!

Karen is SUPER FUN!!!! She also sold me the best horse EVER!!!! The famous Fleck And she is fantastic with those crazy she mares And she does travel.

Cindy is also great, but I don't think she travels. However, she does take haul ins and she has a wonderful covered cool arena

Where are you moving to? I'm in the Conyers area but head up that way quite often

Thanks for the recommendations.

Fleck- I'm moving to Covenant Grove in August

Lots of nice people at Covenant Grove, and lovely facility! You'll be happy there!

Wow... I have NO idea where Covenant Grove is.... But good luck and have fun Karen and Cindy are awesome and hopefully I'll see you around