The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Train Wreck ready to load at Gate 1 ... All Aboard.....

Dear Mr. Farrier,
    You are a self important jack ass ever since i have known you. Could you please stop pulling your truck up into the barn and hogging the only washrack?. We really want to wash our horses off after a work out on a really hot, humid morning. But no, we can't, because you don't want to park your precious truck in the hot sun.
    Not to mention the barn help, who would love to finish cleaning stalls in the morning, but he can't because your
    truck is blocking 6 stalls.
    And of course, the people who come to ride after you get there and they can't get there horses out because you refuse to move it.
    Gah....

Dear Local Trainer
    please stop leaving your young destructive horse in the cross ties for half an hour at a time while you go talk on your cell phone. Your horse has already managed to break a sweat scraper, and put a hole in the hose that was just replaced last week. Thank you so much. And stop helping yourself to other people's fly spray, show sheen, etc.

Dear Boarders with your pissy, crappy dogs,...
    if your yappy dogs run at my car when i come up the drive way one more time, they are going to become road kill babies. And stop shutting up the barn cat, and leave your cat killer at home.
    Boarder no. 2 I like you. I like your dog. But I don't like you shutting it up in the tack room and then we have to keep closing the door so your pwecious doggy won't hurt herself following you.
    Boarder 3; no wait, this one deserves a thread of it's own.

Dear Sink Hog.
    The next time you leave your bucket full of leg wraps soaking in the sink, a miracle will take place: The leg wraps will suddenly grow legs and run off to join their compadres in Sock Heaven, never to be seen again.

You are all seriously evoking a lack of merriment in me.

Well, I feel cleansed...

Please watch your head and your step when disembarking. Remember to remove all your personal belongs before leaving.
    Thank you for riding and have a nice day.
    And ya'll come back, ya hear?
    "I can't help but think good horsemanship has to
    do with the mind." Maria Bertram, Mansfield Park by
    Jane Austen.

Feel better??

Sounds like a well needed vent.

P.

WOW...maybe you should consider moving your horses to your house. Boarding barns usually have a many different boarders who have to learn to get along.

I find it pretty scary when COTHERS (aka horse enthusiasts) announce that they would like to run over other people's animals, simply because they get on your nerves.

Sounds to me like boarding doesn't work for you.

Ah you make me so glad I bought my farm 20+ yrs ago. How I remember the aggravation of boarding, even at some of the better boarding barns.

Start saving your pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters so you can have your horses at home and NOT have to deal with what bothers you.

Oh but wait, there's another whole mess of stuff that can put you over the top if you have your own farm, like finding decent help so you can get away for 3 days, or getting up at 2 AM because your horse has colic and there is NO ONE to split the vet call charges, and no one to ride with or chat with except the barn cat or dog (this is not really a problem but kind of a blessing actually). I'm sure I could go on for pages but you get the idea.

Face it! NO PLACE IS PERFECT!! You find the best possible scenerio that you can afford and learn to take the good with the bad.
    Sue
    Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!

Default oh, but i love to rant...

I would much rather board, thanks.
    i put threads up like these because i enjoy the refreshing repartee that comes along with it.

Still waiting...
    "I can't help but think good horsemanship has to
    do with the mind." Maria Bertram, Mansfield Park by
    Jane Austen.

When I start getting cranky at the world and all others do, I stop and think what I may also do that could be annoying them.

With any problem, do something about it if it something you are in charge of that, or if you can't, learn to work around it.
    Makes it easier to keep smiling.

It must be wonderful that nothing bothers you. How do you do that?
    Sometimes, ya just gotta let it out and vent in a safe place like this, otherwise, the blowing off of steam may happen in the wrong place at the wrong time.

First of all... why are you up at 3 am? There are "pills" for this sort of thing. I have been waiting a week for my "pills" to arrive, via medco's snail mail.
    I try not to e-mail or speak to anyone before the meds arrive. Oops.... I already sent out "that" e-mail.
    Sorry, Timex!

Go visit your horse, groom vigorously... then go home!

I LOVE A GOOD TRAINWRECK ~ keep the engine running ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Are cocktails served? It's always good to have a round or two when venting among friends.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

Quote Originally Posted by Little Diva View Post
    It must be wonderful that nothing bothers you. How do you do that?
    Sometimes, ya just gotta let it out and vent in a safe place like this, otherwise, the blowing off of steam may happen in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Oh sure things bother me...and I may call up a really good friend and sound like a total lunatic as I vent.....but, posts like these come across as a bit childish IMO.

Perhaps you should take a step back and realize how fortuante you are to even be able to afford a horse and that you have all of your physical capacities and are able to ride.

Just food for thought.

You guys must have all left your sense of humor at the train station! I giggled all the way through the OPs original post. -thanks for the laugh.

(hint- the great title is a good indicator that the OP didn't mean it to be taken too seriously).
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s

How much baggage are we allowed free or is there a weight limit impossed.

adding fuel to the fire.

Customers please leave your small unattended children at home, toddlers running up and down the arena are not considered safe. Since they can't read and feel compelled to grab "hot Fence" can't be responsible for the shrieks.

If you need a Posse to make a decision on buying a new horse. Take up Polling not riding.

Default Baggage Restrictions ~ ?

How fat is "too fat" for that child to ride that pony ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Sometimes I get a bit lonely on this place. No one to ride with, share a beer with after riding, that sort of thing.

Then I read threads like this one and think, THANK GOD I DON'T BOARD ANYMORE!

It's too early for cocktails; I'll just take another swig of Dayquil and call it good.

i have friends in PA that still board, I hear enough barn drama from them, makes me very happy I don't have anyone to ride with other than Mr. C.

I do still find it amusing as I was the first boarder at that barn, and I'm just really glad I'm not there anymore.
    Jswan??? anymore flying pig stories???? can you image the ruckus if there were flying pigs at a boarding barn?? hahaha
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

When I was in college, there was a house right along the driveway down to the barn. The people had a big poodle that they just couldn't keep in their yard and who would dash out at the cars that drove past. It was a dirt road so we weren't going fast but my roomate would actually speed up when she saw the dog. "If it is stupid enough to get in the way of a vehicle...it needs a lesson." It never did get hit, though there were some close calls. I'd been tempted on more than one occasion to swing the car dor open just to knock him, but refrained.
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

I too got a laugh out of this post! But I have to agree about the dogs. Why is it that people think it is OK to take their dogs to a farm and just turn them loose to chase the cats, kill the chickens or whatever? Most boarding barns are for boarding HORSES, not a place for letting your dogs run. Leave your dogs at home. Please!

I found it amusing. As intended.

Sock Compadres.

I find it very amusing. I am one of thsoe that will not keep my horses at home anytime soon. I would LOVE it but my schedule doesn't allow it.

We have a few people that are always borrowing stuff. I keep it locked in my tackbox. IF i am forget to lock up the stuff..it is fair game. No one knows whose is what stuff.

I am glad that we don't have any feral childern running around the farm. The parents always say..it takes a village to raise them right. OK..but I ride my horses for enjoyment. I am not a insta-babysitter.
    OTTB - Hurricane Denton - Kane AKA Bubble boy
    Boxer - Tugger's - outlasted my marriage