The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hanoverian Inspection @ Turning Point Farm in MI

Is anyone from this board going to be there? This is my first Hanoverian Inspection. I have done Oldenburg GOV and RPSI before. So I am very excited to experience this one! Any big differences I should know about??

I will be there! This is my first foal inspection (though I did get my mare inspected 2 years ago) so I probably won't be too much help.

Wink

Yes, we will be there. I have the following foals coming for inspection:
    Colts:
    Quaterback/His Highness
    Londonderry/Rosentau

Filly
    Weltmeyer/His Highness

The typical day goes like this:

Mare Performance Testing
    Free Jumping
    Inspection
    Under saddle testing

Mares NOT participating in Mare Performance Testing:
    Hanoverian Mare inspection
    Non Hanoverian Mare testing

Lunch

Foals
    Foal presentation
    Branding

Not sure if it will be this same schedule but has been like this in the past.

How are the Hanoverian Inspections different?
    Hanoverian Society does not present ribbons, etc. for the foals only for Mare inspection and performance testing winners. Foal inspection is strictly commentary from the judges and a verbal recognition of "top colt" and "top filly" and/or "top foal" if there are not enough fillies and colts to have separately.

The purpose of the foal inspection is to show the stock and get commentary from USA and German judges on how successful the breeding was. It is intended to be educational for breeders and attendees. The feeling is the foals are too young to really determine what they will grow up to be. The Mare and Stallion inspections and testing usually occur when they are 3+ years old.

Hope this helps and look forward to meeting you there. I will have owners of my foals coming from CA and NY there as well as 3 mares and 3 foals so I will be in a zone for sure. I am thankful I have no mares doing their mare performance test this year, we do again next year ugh!.

SO.. just look for a neurotic person walking in circles, babbling, stuttering and drooling and hubby hiding so he can smoke like a chimney and who is saying repeatedly "come on let's load them up and go home".. can't miss us! Oh.. and did I say how much we enjoy this each year
    HiddenAcresFarm.Net
    Imported from Germany, Assembled in Michigan
    Rare damline of 7 direct generations of Elite/States Premium Mares.

HiddenAcres I am secretly in love with your Londonderry/Rosentau colt (and your mare base for that matter).

Good luck with all of them. Makes me happy I only have one to deal with one (though in all honesty I will still probably be in that same state ).

Cheryl you are too funny!!!! At least you don't have a mare in the MPT also, LOL! Next year.......

I will be there! I have two colts being inspected, Sinatra Song/Baryshnikov and Rubignon/Donnerschlag.

I hope it cools down before Tuesday, this heat is brutal!

lalyho and hrfponies - what are you bringing?

Anyone know if Denise Higgins is bringing her lovely jumper bred filly? I saw her at Dr. Ragon's when her dam was being bred, I would love to see her move

Oh, I cannot wait to see your Rubignon railmom. He is on my shortlist for next year for a different mare.

I am bringing a Royal Prince - Estrada/Ehrentanz colt. Just look for the red head with a double whirly on his forehead.

I am so excited to meet all of you! Looks like the temps will be down also.

I am bringing a royal prince colt out of mare who is by federweisser\weltmyer

I am excited to see the sinatra song foal because that is who we are trying to get her in foal to.

The mare decided to injury herself so she is a little gimpy but she has already been inspected so I hope it doesn't matter?!

I am looking forward to seeing the Royal Prince colts!! Fun to compare when you have a few from the same sire. I was really disappointed that we didn't get to see Royal Prince at AHS meeting, snow forced the Hilltop tour to be canceled It really looks like it will be an all boy party

hrfponies - just let the judges know your mare has an injury and they won't make her trot too much. Good thing she was already inspected, now it won't make a difference.

I am only about 45 minutes away. I am braiding at home and hauling in that morning. See everyone on Tuesday!

Oh, forgot to add Ron Steinbrenner will be there if you need someone to run your mare.

Would you guys like some spectators? Or some help? Tues right?

Let me know.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Would love camera help if you are interested. I have a digital camera and a video camera. I may have one person but looking for second to man the other camera. I need to get lots of pictures since we will have them all cleaned up/ With six horses there I will be crazed.

Taking pictures leaves you in the spectator seat for the whole time so you get to see it all. I got word from Terri that it will start at 9 p.m. Only 2 mares for MPT this year, a few for inspection and then 12 foals! yikes... I am already looking forward to the ride home with it all being over
    HiddenAcresFarm.Net

Cheryl, take a deep breath It starts at 9 AM!!!

ok, where am I going???
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Results? Comments?

Great day at Turning Point Farm, much cooler and everything ran smoothly!

I don't know all the mare results, maybe someone else can help out here!

There were two mares for the MPT. Dragon Fly (Longchamp x Whoopi/Wenzel I) owned by Deborah Reda, scored 6's thru the jump chute. Firefly (Feiner Stern x EM Darn Lucky/Donnerkeil) owned by Lauren Staley, scored 7.5's thru the jump chute. I didn't hear the other scores for them.

One non Hanoverian mare for inspection. Wolkenfee KWPN (Krack C x flowerfee H/Lector) she scored an overall 7 and was accepted into the Main mare book. This mare had a lovely Bugatti Hilltop colt at her side.

Hanoverian mares for inspection were Firefly (also MPT) and Feliciti (Feiner Stern x Razzmatazz/Raphael Son I) owned by our host Terri Boyagian. Sorry, I didn't hear the scores.

Thirteen foals were inspected. Two by Escudo II, two by Royal Prince and also Bugatti Hilltop, Quaterback, Londonderry, Weltmeyer, Pablito, Landkoenig, Fabuleux, Sinatra Song and Rubignon. The inspectors repeatedly commented on what a high quality group of foals were presented. They called back into the ring two fillies Escudo II/Don Primero bred by Terri Boyagian and the Weltmeyer/His Highness bred by Cheryl and Eric Johnson. Also asked to return were four colts, Landkoenig/Palladium bred by Ronald Michaels, Bugatti Hilltop/ Krack C bred by Kathy Swalwell, Quaterback/His Highness bred by Cheryl and Eric Johnson and Sinatra Song/Donnerschlag bred by Sandra Hunt.

Overall top filly went to the Wyleigh Princess, Weltmeyer/His Highness and top colt to Qrown Prince, Quaterback/His Highness both bred by Cheryl and Eric Johnson of Hidden Acres Farm. Huge congrats to the Johnson’s and the new owners of these terrific foals!

Thanks for the report - and congrats to the Johnson's and the foal owners!
    Interesting that there were so many called back. Dr Christmann tends to limit callbacks to 4, in the interest of time, primarily.

The judges commented they pulled so many back in because it was a nice foal crop (for all 13 foals).

One of the four call back colts was actually Royal Prince - Estrada/Ehrentanz. Though as the jusdges said they were all pretty fantastic.

Another big congrats to the top filly and colt. They were very nice!

The Rubignon colt was also particularly nice. Dr Christman made some very favorable comments about him when he came out.

I was suprised he was not one of the 4 colts called back. It may have been due to his age. He was only ~3weeks old.

Dan

the foals at this inspection were particularly good. Luckily for my hubby, the ones I loved were either sold or colts (although the Londonderry colt did make me reconsider my no-colts policy for a moment!).
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    LIKE us on Facebook!

I also thought there was a tremendous foal crop at the inspection. Railmom's Sinatra song and Rubignon foals, Terri's Escudo filly and the Bugatti foal were candy to my eyes, but I was tied up in mass confusion as usual and missed the others.. really wanted to see the Royal Prince foals. (post pictures!)

I never expected our babies to be the winners but I was particularly happy for their owners who flew in from CA and NY to help prepare them and be with them at the inspection. The foals were real troopers loading and unloading off that mammoth trailer. The Londonderry foal had to be awakened out of deep sleep to get him off trailer at home. He is such an "old soul" and is still looking for a new mom.

Congrats to Railmom for having both of hers sold..
    HiddenAcresFarm.Net

Here are some pictures of my Royal Prince Colt

http://raj.photoshelter.com/gallery-...000Y6UQ5kdvRcE

We had a great time and there were so many nice foals. Congrats to all the breeders and owners!