The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 1/2 Welsh weanling filly Free to Great home / TN

We have a lovely 1/2 welsh filly ready to wean who needs to find the perfect home. This is a nice filly, we are only giving her away to insure the best home. We rescued her dam in foal but had not planned to have any foals this year as I just had a baby (June 3rd) and we already have several youngsters who need attention. It's more important to us that she finds a great home than trying to get $ for her, so please don't assume that there is something wrong with her.
    Suzy Kaploozy is dark palomino turning grey. She is the most friendly, well mannered little girl you'll ever meet! Suzy loves attention, she is easy to catch, enjoys being groomed and fussed over and is oh so sweet. She has never offered to bite, kick or get in your space. She is perfect for the farrier and has been easy to worm. You can hug her head, kiss her nose and lay all over her and she just eats it up. She is mannerly enough for supervised children to handle and groom her. Her dam is Fair's Madelon Maggie, grey, 12.1h (Reg. Sect. A, but is actually Sect. B) and her sire is unknown. If I had to guess I would say her sire is likely a QH. Suzy is well conformed with straight legs and good feet. She is a cute mover and looks to mature a medium.
    Suzy would be a super project pony. She is very smart and will likely be the born broke type if she continues to get daily handling. We have been enjoying her to no end, but realistically we don't have time to continue her training as she gets older. We already have 3 ponies waiting to get started.
    Suzy's dam is a very nice pony and a beautiful mover. Suzy has the potential to be a very nice prospect. I have not yet managed to get her dam's papers transferred as her last recorded owner is MIA, so I cannot promise that you can get papers, but it's a distinct possibility.
    We have not yet weaned Suzy. We are not in a hurry for her to leave, so her new family will have time to make shipping arrangements ect.
    I will be happy to email pics of filly and dam to interested parties.
    Suzy is located in Knoxville, TN
    References will be required.
    Feel free to call 865-696-0050

I check my email more regularly than my PM's, so please email or call. Thanks.

wesmoorefarm@gmail.com
    865-696-0050