The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 13wk male Doberman puppy NW OH/SE Mich

Natural eared male puppy. Mom stepped on him at birth and one hip socket has a growth plate injury. It doesn't seem to bother him - he compensates well, however if he doesn't grow out of it he will always limp. Owner does not want a puppy that isn't show quality. Others from the litter were $1500. Mom and dad are both big (dad was imported) so this will not be a small dog. Very, very good temperment. Must find a home asap or breeder wants him euthanized. He will not come with papers as breeder wants him neutered. Current on vacs and wormings.

Please call me ASAP about this quality puppy. I am borrowing a cage to foster him as I am so full, but this is a really nice purebred dog that just needs to go now.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

I might be very interested if I can figure out a way to get him to Virginia! My husband and I just had to put down our Rottweiler in June due to osteo-sarcoma in her shoulder and we have been talking about getting a Doberman next as my husband has owned them in the past. Has a vet given any guess on what future problems the injury might cause him?

He has been x rayed twice. We don't think that there's anything to fix. If it becomes arthritic later on, an FHO is always an option (Femoral Head Ostectomy - where they remove the "ball" of the femur and let a false joint form, eliminating bone on bone contact), but right now he may just need to grow up and may never need any further treatment.

This might help
    419-787-8126

HopeandJoy - so sorry about your Rottie, unfortunately such an ugly cancer.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Doh! Too bad its not Sept, I would be able to transport for you HopeandJoy .. (Headed to NW Ohio for a wedding, passing thru VA to and from).

Iron Horse Farm -- you could also try advertising on Midwest Horse Community. You would need to register as a user, but many MI horse people that might be interested.

I keep telling my husband, "it's only a 10 hour drive, it's only a 10 hour drive..." I have a feeling he is going to cave soon! We like road trips so that helps.

He caved, I'm so excited! We are off to Michigan on Saturday to pick up our new puppy!!!!

Can't wait to meet you Maya! So happy that TJ is going to get a chance at a normal puppy life!

Can anyone post pics? I can e-mail them.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    LIKE us on Facebook!

YAY!!!!!!

Congrats for being able to work it out!

H&J - drive safe .. IHF - you can post a link if you put the pics on photobucket.