The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GreatJustGreat Guest

Default It wouldn't be OT Day w/out a cheating BF thread...sigh...

So, I'm visiting BF for the weekend and while he is out running errands, his dog goes into the garbage in the bedroom and pulls out a used condom...NOT kidding, I wish I was.

We don't use condoms because we are in an exclusive relationship, or so I thought. Wow. I should just pack my stuff and leave before he gets home, but no way am I gonna let this one slide.

Just when you thought OT day would be sans a cheating BF/spouse/SO thread....

Not sure what I'm gonna say to him when he gets home, I'm thinking I'll just leave it right where it is and wait for him to see it, haha.

UGH. Why can't men be good and just keep their hotdogs in their pants where they belong?!

Oh man! I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. All I can say is that if I were in your position my bags would be packed and ready to go.

Not sure what I'm gonna say to him when he gets home, I'm thinking I'll just leave it right where it is and wait for him to see it, haha.
    I would pin it to the wall or something for maximum dramatic effect.

On the bright side, at least he used a condom. If it was he and not a friend using his home as a hookup place?
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

I'm sorry. That could not have been a happy moment.
    Family Partners Welsh Ponies - Home of Section B Welsh stallion *Wedderlie Mardi Gras LOM/AOE http://www.welshponies.com
    Click here to buy: A Guide To In Hand Showing of Your Welsh Pony

put it on the pillow and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by In the Air View Post
    put it on the pillow and leave.
    This....but with a video camera running to catch the look on his face.

You can never lose by being an adult. If he is cheating, you can take the high road on out of there. If his best buddy used the apartment for a hook-up, then you'll have given him a chance to explain.

So, when he gets home, quietly and with good grace point to the offending object, explain that the dog dragged it out and ask him to please explain it.

You'll know if he's trying to snow you with a lie. Leave then, quietly and with adult good humor.

Seriously, you will remember this day in 20 years. Handling it with maturity will be the way you want to remember it. Promise.

have hamburgers for dinner........his can have the, err, trophie as a special filling....that way, he can be as surprised and dismayed by it as you were.......

While I am horribly sorry you have to endure this, I had to laugh at the responses on this thread. Thank heavens he is only a BF. If he is cheating, well, you can tell the other woman :Welcome to my nightmare" Reynard Ridge definitely has the soundest advice here. You will one day be grateful for having found this out beforehand. And in all honesty, what are you losing?
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Did this really happen or did you write this just for me? I was wanting a little tale of infidelity, but really, sorry !! As much as the hamburger dinner sounds like a good idea- I'd be gone when he gets back from errands. At least you are visiting rather than living with the cad. I say run, don't walk to the nearest exit, leaving condom where he will find it. Tape it to the refrigerater, no need to leave a note.
    Good luck.

What a good dog! In spite of not being able to talk and not having opposable thumbs, he managed to let you know what is what. I think you owe it to him to take him with you when you leave.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Listen to Reynard Ridge. I can think of reasons besides cheating for it to be there.

Okay, one adultery thread, one cheating thread, does that mean we have to call it a weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    What a good dog! In spite of not being able to talk and not having opposable thumbs, he managed to let you know what is what. I think you owe it to him to take him with you when you leave.
    I loff you EqTrainer! Yeah, his dog deserves better too!

What RR said is perfect, I just have one thing to add, just in case. You are not losing a thing here, once a cheater, always a cheater in some way or another. TRUST ME! I used to think that statement was only made by the bitter, now I know it is not. There i snot need to be with a guy like that.

I am sorry. Hugs.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

To make a long story incredibly short- I found out that my husband & I were NOT trying to make it work by finding a condom packet. I moved out the next day.
    "Marty, Quarter Horse Extraordinaire, Most Pleasant Packer, Companion To The End. May his suffering be little, his passing be easy and may we find each other again, drawn by love and kindred spirit."

If this story is true, I would leave the guy as much (or even more) for his being stupid as the cheating. I mean really, it wouldn't occur to him to clean up evidence before he has another woman over .
    Auventera Two:Some women would eat their own offspring if they had some dipping sauce.

I came to this thread looking for an update.... What happened?
    Y'all ain't right!

Oh goodness, sorry to hear this.
    Meanwhile, I just got the hamburger post.
    Hamburger served with a condom-ment.

Wondering what happened with the OP?
    "Horses give us the wings we lack"

Yeah, what happened next?

GreatJustGreat Guest

Wow, I thought I was going to have to wait until the next holiday weekend for an OT day. Thanks Mods!

The story is that it belonged to his brother, which could very well be true. BF was out of town on business before the condom-ment incident. His younger brother came over to dog sit and had a guest over. It makes sense and while I'm not really good at being a lie detector, my BF seemed unfazed by it and didn't even show a hint of thinking uh-oh before he came up with a story. I ended up leaving it where the dog had it and waited for him to see it and dispose of it. We talked about it as he was picking it up and I didn't put on my jealous girlfriend hat, I remained calm.

I hate that I have a suspicious mind, but it is very much possible it was his brother's. I am not going to say anything more about it, but you can bet I'll be keeping my eyes wide open in the future!