The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Any Northern California members?

Greetings all! Posted a thread on the Off Course requesting info on any members living in or near these counties - Butte, Placer, Nevada or Eldorado. NO one answered! ;( Wanting to know the best central area for all different types of equine events and which has the best climate ( air quality, vegetable gardening an Federal/ State Park riding. Email me privately if you prefer Thanks sportponiescom@aol.com

Yes, we are here I'm fairly new to Northern California myself but already ride all over the place, both training rides and competition (endurance) and have to say it's amazing here!!! Any of the counties you mentioned have great trails/parks, and you are close to "Tevis Country" and Auburn, the "Endurance Capital of the World..."

Your best resource if you are interested in endurance (mentors, ride schedule, etc.) is www.aerc.org, and for a lot of other events you can check the schedule at http://www.bayequest.com/

There are some great dressage trainers in the area as well and also Western events but I don't know too much about that.

You should also post your question about specific counties at "Ridecamp" on www.endurance.net as a lot more local people frequent that board.

Smile Big Thanks Lieselotte

Will check out the links, can't thank you enough for responding... Yvonne

I've got property in two of the counties you mentioned and they are definitely great places for horse people - lots of endurance riders around here in NorCal! I'd say Auburn/Grass Valley are good places - not too far from 80 for getting "down the hill" if you want to get to civilization, small-ish communities that have good culture, and close to lots of trail riding by way of state parks and national forests.