The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A-1 performance Sires has Wolkentanz I in stock @ $400.00/dose, pretty good deal if you're trying to be frugal, but still want a super, super stallion. You'll still have all the repo fees though.

Weltmeyer blood is in many horses today. I know he mixed well with R line and His Highness. We have a Rosentau/Weltmeyer mare with a rideability score of 7 at MPT and just had a Weltmeyer/His Highness (Hohenstein/Donnerhal) filly who is a sweet as can be. It really depends who you mix him with. I do like several of his son's though as well, but not sure how good the semen is.
    HiddenAcresFarm.Net
    Imported from Germany, Assembled in Michigan
    Rare damline of 7 direct generations of Elite/States Premium Mares.

What about the temperment, work ethic, AA suitability of the Wolkentanz II babies? Can anyone comment? He's taller and more modern, so does he add leg or just not detract? I think he is quite interesting and certainly appealing on so many levels. Certainly a lovely type and mover. Was he FEI? What kind of mare works well for him? TIA
    PennYG

Here is a thread on him from last year when his move to Canada was announced

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=183948

It would be nice to know how some of those crosses being discussed turned out - he looks to have a lot going for him.

Wolkentanz II was a highly competative GP horse in Germany prior to his retirement. In a recent Dressage Today article with Johannes Westendarp he says that his favorite horse was without a doubt Wolkentanz II. I think that says alot. His current owners say that he is well known for passing on very good temperaments and they are very honest stallion owners. I bred a hotter mare to him primarily for this reason (I actually bred two to him this year).

I don't think you are going to get particularly leggy horses with any of the W line boys..so if that is your thing then I would stay away. But he is really typey and he produces really typey..beautiful heads, big eyes, lovely necks and good hind ends.

He has very high breeding values and he has a # of offspring competing at the FEI levels in the international dressage ring. If you go to the owner's website you will see a list of some of his best offspring.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

In the 2010 Hannoveraner Jahrbuch Hengste, Wolkentanz II comes in at #2 for Type with 163 points. Caprimond is #1 with 175 points.

re. Walkentanz I vs Wolkentanz II: I have been told that II can produce very tall.
    We got 17.2 from I from a 16.3 mare. My friends said II can throw much taller.
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Sherry Smith of Dogwood Sport Horses here in GA is building a very nice WB breeding program based on her premium Oldenburg mare by Wolkentanz II. The mare has thrown three straight premium foals (by Sandro Hit, Royal Prince, and Starlight), and her Sandro Hit and Royal Prince daughters have now entered the broodmare band. The Sandro Hit mare produced a premium colt by Quaterback last year that is being raised as a stallion prospect, and she will present her 2010 colt by Rousseau for inspection next week. The Royal Prince mare will present her first foal for inspection next week - a filly by Voltaire.

IIRC, the Wolkentanz II mare is out of a Donnerhall dam, so she could probably throw old style and a bit heavy, but her Sandro Hit and Royal Prince daughters are very elegant and typey. The Starlight filly is just a yearling this year, but I imagine she will end up somewhat bigger and heavier than her sisters due to the Cordeur and Argentinus in her pedigree.