The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default We Cothers really do get around!!!

I am going on a pack trip in a month out in Idaho/Wyoming!! Yes we will be riding and not driving horses-- but

in the course of getting transportation from Guest Ranch to the Outfitters Barn, who should pop up and offer help but our own LostFarmer. It turns out his cousin is the owner of the outfitter we will be using. Not only will Mrs. LostFarmer be playing taxi driver for us, LF himself has offered a great farm based breakfast!!!

Then in our conversations, I find out another COTHer will be coming to judge a driving show locally. CDEdriver will be there this next week., (this keeps it driving related!) Sorry, I will miss you CDEdriver!!!

You know, this kind of connection to horse folks in this world makes one feel awfully blessed to have this forums to make contacts.

A couple of years ago, CABZ came by my farm and she and her hubby have become good friends. Mr. Cartfall and I have a standing invitation when we finally get our RV up to Ontario. We took Zanzer out for a drive while she was here!!! (another driving connection)

Lets hear some other COTHer meet ups, I am sure they are out there.

I can add stopping by RidesAHaffie's house last summer for night on our way out west. Meeting Mr. RAF was pretty grand, nice guy and seeing RAF's horse condo.

Default COTHers getting around

So when are you guys coming up, Sue????????????? Tubing party is in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great time out west, sounds like fun.

Hubby and I also had the hospitality of Mr. and Mrs. RAH last December when we were in Florida.

If any COTHers are going to be at Walnut Hill, either showing or just spectating, I am showing my Paint mare and will be stabled with Beaverwood farm. Come on by and say hello.

I also have a connection to the New Zealand Driving Society, where we stayed one nite on our trip in 2006. We horse people do get around.

I saw the thread on the other forum. It sounds like a great trip and how fortunate that Lost Farmer is so connected to your vacation!

The love of horses is a great bond that we all share and it's extra-special when we meet up in person.

Mr. RAH used to poke fun at me about all my 'cyber-friends' (as in: 'do these people really exist?") but I've had the last laugh as over the years they've shown up on our doorstep and proved to be every bit as fun and entertaining and just plain 'good folks' as I would have expected from our conversations here and elsewhere.

That is so cool!

*I* used to poke fun at my youngest about cyber friends not being *real people* when she was a teen. She met her wonderful husband on the net and I have visited many, many of my cyber friends all over the country. These are lasting friendships! If I ever get to GB, the entire vacation will be planned around a join-up with Thomas!

Yip