The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fancy dressage shows in my local area? England is my oyster

I find the FEI Event search tool to be... less than helpful, it is sort of confusing, probably because I have no clue what the acronyms mean. But nevermind because there is more to a good show than the classes. Can you guys think of good dressage shows where I can see the best of English dressage and maybe if I'm lucky a few good trade stalls in England? I don't mind traveling a distance for them...

(I know I know, ask at horseandhound.com or another English site, but I'm asking you guys for now!)

Thanks.
    Lark B
    socialwstudent@gmail.com
    _________

Quote Originally Posted by lark_b View Post
    I find the FEI Event search tool to be... less than helpful, it is sort of confusing, probably because I have no clue what the acronyms mean. But nevermind because there is more to a good show than the classes. Can you guys think of good dressage shows where I can see the best of English dressage and maybe if I'm lucky a few good trade stalls in England? I don't mind traveling a distance for them...

(I know I know, ask at horseandhound.com or another English site, but I'm asking you guys for now!)

Thanks.
    Horseandhound.co.uk/

Dressage isn't my thing, but BD have a list on their website:

http://www.britishdressage.co.uk/competitions/schedules

If you google the names of the events, you should get a good idea how big they are.

A few more links:

http://www.petplanequine.co.uk/events/dressage.asp
    https://www.britishdressage.co.uk/co...r_competitions
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Not local but maybe worth the travel;

Carl Hester to compete at Royal Festival of the horse

last updated on July 01, 2010 14:49

Reigning National Dressage Champion Carl Hester will be competing in the Pro-Am Challenge Dressage Competition at The Royal Festival of the Horse, Stoneleigh Park, on Friday 9 July, alongside leading lady rider and European silver medalist Laura Bechtolscheimer.

This exciting new concept will see six amateurs performing a medium level dressage test on their own horse, before their professional team-mate performs the same test on the same horse. The team gaining the highest accumulation of points across the two tests will win.

Commenting on his involvement, Carl said: “I’m really looking forward to being part of this new event which celebrates the unique relationship between horse and rider and what they can achieve together.”

The pairings, which were drawn out of a hat, are:
    Carl Hester and Mandy Day
    Laura Bechtolscheimer and Sharon Boyd
    Rebecca Hughes and Lara Dyson
    Charlotte du Jardin and Danielle Steed
    Paul Hayler and Sally Thorndale
    Jodie Lister and Kaye Chapman

Freestyle Dressage to Music Championship
    At 2pm on Friday 9 July, the stadium audience will be treated to the Royal Festival of the Horse Freestyle dressage to Music Championship. The cream of British Dressage riders - including Gill Davison, Gareth Hughes, Rebecca Hughes, Charlotte du Jardin, Sarah Millis, Paul Hayler, Louise Davison, Anne-Marie Perry, Mette Assouline (DEN), Alice Paternel and Sam Thurman-Baker - will be performing an FEI Intermediate I Freestyle to music test to win a share of £4,000 prize money.

Each rider will have 5 minutes to show their horse’s paces to music. The riders have to include compulsory movements but can include them in any order. Compulsory movements include:

• Half pass in trot and canter
    • Two and three time flying changes
    • Canter pirouettes

The choice of music is made by the rider to suit the horse’s own unique rhythm. The judges will be scoring the horse on how correctly each movement is performed and will take into account the artistic impression and creativity of the rider’s test. The rider with the most marks will win.

To see Carl Hester in the Pro-Am Challenge plus the Freestyle to Music Championship, in the stadium at the Royal Festival of the Horse on Friday 9 July, log onto www.festivalofthehorse.co.uk or 0844 581 1400 to book tickets.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

dont forget hickstead has dressage and will be on again end of july time

www.hicksteaddressage.com

firle place has qualifies for badmington at ther country fare in august
    http://www.firleplaceevent.co.uk

and dont forget this at christmas early i know but tickets do go quick

www.olympiahorseshow.com

and finally as you havent a horse here this might be of interest to you

www.bdsc.uk.com
    Last edited by goeslikestink; Jul. 1, 2010 at 06:46 PM.

Royal Festival: DRAT. My husband arrives in the UK on the 8th and we have plans for the whole weekend. Curses!

Olympia: I'm already planning for that one
    Lark B
    socialwstudent@gmail.com
    _________