The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Why didn't they have cool toys like this when I was a kid???

because we had imagination
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

Isn't that so totally cute! want to get one for my son. What an adult size one for me.
    ...don't sh** where you eat...

Wow, I would have killed for one of those when I was 12!!! As it was I tied string "reins" to the handle bars of my bike and used those to steer (with limited success) as I went in circles ("riding lessons") in the driveway.

It's a little creepy, but I think I would have loved it as a child. Loved it like a real pony.

Quote Originally Posted by twofatponies View Post
    Wow, I would have killed for one of those when I was 12!!! As it was I tied string "reins" to the handle bars of my bike and used those to steer (with limited success) as I went in circles ("riding lessons") in the driveway.
    I did the string thing too!!! And I had an old whisk broom I stole from my dad's tool box and taped it to the rear fender... I'm sure the neighbors thought I was a special needs child because I'd whinny as I rode up and down the street.

I never really appreciated the secludedness of Oma's farm, and the abundance of horse crazy cousins...

We did not bother tricking out our bikes, we just went to the barn, grabbed twine and under the guidance of the oldest (and crafty) cousin we braided 'halters' and 'reins' to play pony, complete with horse shows.....

The poor adults had to fill in the trench we stomped around the lawn every summer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Wow too cute. All of my family member's bicycles were "my horses". I had "stables" for them and would take them out on the bicycle trails each day to "exercise" them.... Lol.. I'm pretty sure they all had names and I assigned breeds to them as well... ok, I should stop now!

None of us had bikes...we had ponies. At that age I was in the country and anything other than a conveyance with legs was considered just pathetic and a real sadness for the peddler.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Never had a bike - can't chase cows on one. Never had a pony either, rode a full sized horse from the time I was able to scramble on myself and when I managed that, I became the official cow chaser; probably the ripe old age of 5 or 6, I can't really remember not riding.

That bike IS kinda creepy
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

The bike is kinda creepy, I had one like it when I was little, but it looked better in my imagination!

kids today are so lucky! back when I was a kid I had to actually use my imagination that my bike was a horse. His name was Blaze- he was occasionally black, occasionally bay, but always a fabulous jumper.
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA Mare
    In Loving Memory of Tally, April 15, 1983 - June 2, 2010