The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

nice one -- thanks
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Quote Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
    Once again, WHY make excuses for these people? JC has a normal old FB page and those pictured on it have "friended" him in the usual manner. Even if he had a business page, who in their right mind would "like it"? And don't think for a minute that his FB friends don't know his history. NOBODY missed Josh and Keg's downfall. Apparently many just weren't/aren't bothered by it. And just as many are jumping to their defense. I love this sport.
    I know.. I just wanted to let people know that, because I didn't. There are a few people I don't like, who have "liked" something of mine on FB.. so people may see that and think that we are friends or something. We aren't. I'd rather put sandpaper under my eyelids for a day than deal with them. It would be less painful. But alas, I can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SGray View Post
    RNB - quick question - I was looking on the Rate My Horse Pro site and couldn't seem to find TWF's case

"The 2 1/2 week Jury Trial was heard in Federal Court In Trenton,New Jersey presided by the most Senior Judge of the Court...the Honorable Anne E. Thompson presiding. : October 2003 Action Number 00-6258 (AET) :
    The Unanimous jury verdict found George Morris, Hunterdon,Inc and Chris Kappler NEGLIGENT in the DEATH of Grande Saber. "

which section should I be loolking in for that one? would like to read details as with the other cases on your very informative site

thanks
    SGray,
    I will provide you with the information I have regarding the case. It is public record. Unfortunately, the case was rendered 3 months before the Federal Court in Trenton went electronic.

Many THANKS to Rate MY Pro for their hard work to begin this service and their dedication for education of the consumers in this industry.

Joan Watt
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    Couture Du Jour - Devon Winner '10 & '12 & PHSA Champ '10
    Grande Desire & Impression '08-10 PHSA Champs
    Grande Sovereign -CH & HB Sire

Quote Originally Posted by RNB View Post
    Guess what????? Just got a call from Channel 8 in Richmond....they are airing this story TONIGHT at 6:00!!!! It will also air on Friday but tonight will be a longer version!!!

Tune in everyone and let me know how it is!!! Please post if you watch it!!
    Do you have a copy of this you can send me?
    They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken...

Never mind, RNB.... I just found it.
    But on another note, what was the date of the USEF hearing? Just got a chuckle thinking it might have been today. If that is the case, I'm hoping for the same outcome for another scumbag!
    They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken...

The Jill Burnell thread is discussing how to prevent someone from owning horses after a conviction .. Caveat:.she is not charged and IF she is ... is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
    Anyone care to share how that worked with Josh & Keg??

RNB is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post
    The Jill Burnell thread is discussing how to prevent someone from owning horses after a conviction .. Caveat:.she is not charged and IF she is ... is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
    Anyone care to share how that worked with Josh & Keg??
    I am not familiar with CA law, but I imagine to prevent someone from owning horses it would have to be part of a conviction.

In Josh & Keg's case, the Federal court system (The late Honorable Richard Williams presiding) ruled they could not own, sell, buy, etc. horses during their 3 year probation after being released from prison. They were also ordered to pay restitution to the victims listed in the court documents. Any horses they owned prior to and during the trial were to be seized and sold to pay off said restitution. Only one was seized. Others associated with them were registered, or transferred into other people/family names before trial.

Another giant loophole in the system.

To answer another question from above......full restitution was paid to all the victims in 2012. This was made possible after Keg inherited a farm and a Federal lien was placed upon it. It went in to foreclosure approximately 6 months later. IIRC.

Looks like Josh is back to his old ways...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but someone I know is very close with one of the men mentioned on this thread. Should I be concerned, especially if he starts slinking around the farm where I board my horses?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonLadyIsis View Post
    Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but someone I know is very close with one of the men mentioned on this thread. Should I be concerned, especially if he starts slinking around the farm where I board my horses?
    Have you read this thread? If you have, you should not need anyone to answer that question for you.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Have you read this thread? If you have, you should not need anyone to answer that question for you.
    thats what I thought..*ugh* unfortunately she is deeply in his grip and actually trusts him....

RNB is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    And given Artie's post a couple above this one.......

I feel like I should now move out of the damn town!

Criminal records don't make her think, just a bit? Yikes.

ETA I'm sorry your friend is involved with criminals. I hope they don't take advantage of her but of course, they will, as that is their nature.
    I have a friend who is doing something stupid in her private life as well, not with criminals but equally stupid. All you can do is show him/her the evidence.

1 members found this post helpful.