The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default toddler/infant breeches? Anyone?

I did do a search of the forums, and didnt find much, so I apologize if there is a thread out there that I missed...

My neice is turning ONE next week, and being the good horsey aunt that I am, I want to get her started in the right direction early. But I'm having a hard time finding little teeny breeches! Boinks are the only ones I've found, but I'd like to look at some other, less expensive options since, you know, she technically won't be riding in them.

She's a pretty tall one year old... she's been wearing 12-18 month sizes since she was about 9 months old, so I'd be looking for something in the 18 to 24 month size range, and I don't mind going a bit on the bigger side. She lives in Tampa, so it might be too hot to wear the breeches/tights for a while.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    I have Higher Standards... do you?
    Apalachicola Native (Alfie), '02 TB Gelding,
    Wild Man of Borneo (Hank), '03 Redtick coonhound,
    Augustus McRae (Gus), '01 Bluetick coonhound

Google "toddler jodhpurs" or "toddler jods". I just grabbed these links quickly. They are too cute! I know I have seen teeny kids (like 2) in jods in the leadline division. Maybe a LL mom will have some links for you.

http://www.equissentials.com.au/Prod...ctCode=E_DRJ_J

http://www.rockinghorseequestrian.co...purs_RH300pink
    Ridge Farm Inc.-full care retirement
    http://www.horseretirementfarm.com

Oh my gosh! those are too cute! Doubt I'd get them here by next week ordering from overseas, but I'll keep googling... they have to be available somewhere, right? Because I've seen those same little kids!

If all else fails, I suppose I could buy cheap tights at Old Navy and sew on patches, but I'd probably mess that up!

Thanks OGM!

Considering how fast she's going to outgrow them and how any child that age isn't physically capable of riding anyway, I'd go with the cheap Old Navy tights with patches sewn on and lots of horsey cuddly toys instead.

www.justforponies.com

www.marylandsaddlery.com

I just got 2T RJ Classics jacket, ratcatcher (VERY hard to find!), jodphurs, and safety vest two weeks ago. MD saddlery even shipped that day 2-day mail in time for our first show. They are GREAT!!!

On the other hand- I still haven't found size toddler 6/8 boots for her. They don't start in the mainstream stores until childs 10.

My local tack shop has TuffRider 2T jodphurs for $29.95. I can get the number for you and they may ship. They also have safety vest that will fit a 2T. No shirts/jackets though.

Good luck!

I looked at just for ponies, and didnt see jods that small... maybe I wasn't thorough. I'll go back and have another look-see.

But a name and number of a local shop that you KNOW carries 2t jods would be awesome!

I would definitely give MD Saddlery a call. They also have a good consignment store that has lots of kids stuff.

I don't have their number- they are on Facebook and I am sure the number is there.

Number is 410-771-4135. Ask for the consignment number, it is not listed but it is in a separate building.

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

well, I have no advice for you on the shopping front but I do have a staunch demand.

You MUST post pics of said one year old outfitted in her riding finery so we can all see how absolutely adorably she is...
    ...don't sh** where you eat...

Local shop is www.smithstackshop.com - Call and ask for Brenda (owner). She is great!

Not to hijack thread- but I'd love to post a pic of 21m old dd on her pony if someone knows how. I can't do it???

Default Another British Website with CUTE breeches

Oh my gosh these are cute: http://www.mad4ponies.com/acatalog/p...tots_jods.html

I know you can't get them here for next week, but I love that the little girl modeling them is jumping up and down screaming.

NOW I am going to have to get MY little boy his own jodhpurs!

Default OH OH OH!!! Found a USA link for even 3-6 months!!!

http://www.boinkcatalog.com/index.cf.../product_id/74

They are even designed to accomodate a diaper!!!

Quote Originally Posted by winfieldfarm View Post
    well, I have no advice for you on the shopping front but I do have a staunch demand.

You MUST post pics of said one year old outfitted in her riding finery so we can all see how absolutely adorably she is...
    It might be a while, since its likely too hot for her to wear them now (her bday is here in GA next week, but she and mom & dad live in Tampa), but I will share a picture of little Layna in her jods as soon as I get one!

I think I may just order from Boinks, since that seems the least complicated way to go, but I will keep all the other tack shops in mind for my 4yo neice who asks her mother "when can i have horse riding blessin's?"

I just went online to order more stuff.. justforponies.com homepage- then click on the box "everthing for leadline". They have Size 2 shirts, jods, coats, helmets, etc.

You should find everything you need there- for a reasonable price!

The Old Habit is going out of business and has all their merchandise reduced 50%. Here's the link for little jodphurs starting at 2T. I have no idea what they have left, but it might be worth a call. At these prices, you could get her a little helmet too! http://www.kidsridingclub.com/store/...roduct/KC10113

Quote Originally Posted by DiablosHalo View Post
    www.justforponies.com

www.marylandsaddlery.com

I just got 2T RJ Classics jacket, ratcatcher (VERY hard to find!), jodphurs, and safety vest two weeks ago. MD saddlery even shipped that day 2-day mail in time for our first show. They are GREAT!!!

On the other hand- I still haven't found size toddler 6/8 boots for her. They don't start in the mainstream stores until childs 10.

My local tack shop has TuffRider 2T jodphurs for $29.95. I can get the number for you and they may ship. They also have safety vest that will fit a 2T. No shirts/jackets though.

Good luck!
    When your little one grows out of her 2T's, please PM me I am happy to purchase 2nd hand