The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Unhappy Miss Aimee how we will miss you

Just found out the Equine Queen of the barn was put down yesterday. She was 32 and always in work. She was a gray tb/perch cross who was Marilyn Monroe wrapped up in an equine suit. She knew what she wanted and got it every time. She taught 2 girls how to do real dressage and took them to the top then finally found her true calling as a lesson horse. Aimee would literally try to catch you if you fell, she has not to date ever dropped a baby. She's fiercely protective of her babies too and will not allow other horses near them. She was never pasture safe and was always in her own world. She came with a jaws theme to other horses and would tell you yes or no to being ridden that day. She was expressive and a camera ham who really looked great from every angle.

I only knew Aimee for two years and she taught both my daughter and I so much. Thank you so much for teaching my pixie how to ride and for tolerating a mom too scared to canter. You will be missed and you will be remembered.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/a...00000178158205
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Default Sorry for your loss ~

Thoughts and prayers and hugs for all who loved Miss Aimee. ~ RIP Miss Aimee ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Aw, she lived a long life and was loved, what more can an equine ask for? Rest in peace lovely gray mare.

aww Sounds like a grand old lady! Godspeed Aimee.

P.