The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    When called out or "attacked" by large groups of COTH'ers, the very best thing you can do is invent a string of alters to support yourself.

Addendum: when people figure out all the posts are coming from the same computer, always remember to use the "houseguest" defense

(haven't had any good houseguests in a while, have we? They're my favorite.)

OR, totally change your story...No, I didn't mean I was actually feeding the moldy hay.........

Quote Originally Posted by dalpal View Post
    WHAT? What were you thinking? You left out the biggest trainwreck topic of all....PARELLI.
    Forgot? No. Trying to avoid being chased (on foot) by crazed mobs of carrot stick waving, $3500 second hand breeches wearing, lead rope jiggling fans? You better believe it, sister.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by loshad View Post
    Forgot? No. Trying to avoid being chased (on foot) by crazed mobs of carrot stick waving, $3500 second hand breeches wearing, lead rope jiggling fans? You better believe it, sister.
    I think those 3500.00 breeches are still up on ebay if you have any interest.

And don't show pictures of your half dressed kids wandering around barefoot while your horses are looking very scraggely in a run-down backyard kind of place!! All the while you are going on and on about how your husband brings you samwiges (oh my how could we forget THAT one)!!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

I think those 3500.00 breeches are still up on ebay if you have any interest.
    Nah, I make it a practice never to wear anything that might cause crazy to rub off on me. It's this rule I have.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

wiggle, wiggle thump...

Quote Originally Posted by gloriginger View Post
    wiggle, wiggle thump...
    You'd get arrested for that over here.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by kookicat View Post
    You'd get arrested for that over here.
    why- is that a language/slang thing? Do you know the video I am quoting?

Anything parelli, "ye ole moo-stached one, and the fake blonde pony'd one who beats one-eyed horses" will start a naughty, hot tempered thread.

"Barefoot horses in endurance do just as well (or better) as shod horses in endurance."
    Usually this above subject is accompanied with: barefooting, treeless, bitless, parelli, guarantee'd to start a fire in the wires.

These will get the fingers going, hair flying, keyboards melting, monitors burning our eyes, phone wires, satellite zinging, and a bon fire is going and the weenie roast is on! Bring buns, and marshmellows for roasting! Ok, we can do the shake jiffy pop on the bon fire! Beer is always approriate for an ice breaker.

When these bad behavior threads start, somebody needs to start another spin off thread of what we all can bring to the giant bon fire. Fire goggles for the heat on the monitor, and oven mitts for the keyboard. Oh, fire extinguisher (or a mod) for the fire in the wires going to the pc's. (oven mitts btw are for the keyboard or blackberry.

Sometimes you don't even have to wait for booze and snacks. Sometimes you just have to look at who started a thread to know it will be a trainwreck of epic proportions because that's how some posters roll. Topic is also a good indicator -- draw reins, barefoot, bitting, calming supplements, super duper AWESOMELY talented (ur jus jelus) Arabian jumpers -- all excellent trainwrecks in the making.
    Wow, I can't believe I haven't been banned yet... I've been on COTH a limited time and have already started posts about two of these trainwreck items-- draw reins (actually, the post was regarding watching someone ride with ONE draw rein, but I figure it still counts) and Arabian (or in my case, half-Arabian) jumpers. No trainwrecks evolved... perhaps I'm not trying hard enough... or am too new for anyone to give a rat's patootie about?
    Vancouver Equine
    www.vaneq.com

Quote Originally Posted by VanEq View Post
    Wow, I can't believe I haven't been banned yet... I've been on COTH a limited time and have already started posts about two of these trainwreck items-- draw reins (actually, the post was regarding watching someone ride with ONE draw rein, but I figure it still counts) and Arabian (or in my case, half-Arabian) jumpers. No trainwrecks evolved... perhaps I'm not trying hard enough... or am too new for anyone to give a rat's patootie about?
    You seem to have a reasonable grasp of the language. That does tend to take the wind out of the sails a bit. trY TIPEng lk dis, K?
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by VanEq View Post
    I'm curious as to how a person can ride with one draw rein. How is that even possible?

The Arabian thing, though, there's only ONE Arabian jumper who is super speshul enough to cause his own trainwreck while beating THOUSANDS!!1!11!!ONE of warmbloods in the 3' jumpers with one leg tied behind his back. There were multiple alters supporting each other. We laughed, we cried, we fact checked. There were prairie dogs, for goodness sake. Do a search for Russian Roulett, grab a bottle of wine, and settle in for an evening.

ETA: I saw your half-Arab mare -- CUTE! Uh, I mean, hideous. You shouldn't have something like that in your barn. I'll take her off your hands, no problem. Just ship her over. I'm generous that way.
    Last edited by loshad; Jun. 24, 2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Additional thought.

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

don't forget the rule of any thread being subject to incorrect and overly emotional interpretation, no matter how carefully the OP tries to explain thyself.
    ...don't sh** where you eat...

Quote Originally Posted by gloriginger View Post
    why- is that a language/slang thing? Do you know the video I am quoting?
    Oh, no. I was just being silly.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

I truly wish people would stop posting pix of POS stallions. POS geldings, have at it, but you know the POS stallion ones are going to find some lame ass excuse for breeding said POS and then get all huffy when others suggest that decojonification would have been the better option.

Okay, didya catch all that? Offensive AND a new COTHism all in one.

Posted twice. Oops.

Look up a thread called *Is this really Linda Parelli?* (I think that's the title, might vary slightly).
    Last edited by Curiously; Jun. 24, 2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Correct punctuation.

Don't ever admit to having ridden (or even thought about riding) without a helmet. Ever.

Ah, okay, I was having a flash back to Billy Elliott - when I didn't get the humor, or the curse words. I must say you all have the best slang words!

I'm curious as to how a person can ride with one draw rein. How is that even possible?

The Arabian thing, though, there's only ONE Arabian jumper who is super speshul enough to cause his own trainwreck while beating THOUSANDS!!1!11!!ONE of warmbloods in the 3' jumpers with one leg tied behind his back. There were multiple alters supporting each other. We laughed, we cried, we fact checked. There were prairie dogs, for goodness sake. Do a search for Russian Roulett, grab a bottle of wine, and settle in for an evening.

ETA: I saw your half-Arab mare -- CUTE! Uh, I mean, hideous. You shouldn't have something like that in your barn. I'll take her off your hands, no problem. Just ship her over. I'm generous that way.
    They used a lead rope, attached to the girth and run through the bit on one side. Even after hashing and re-hashing with various COTH folks, I still don't get it.

I will look up Russian Roulett, I feel like today hasn't had enough drama in it

And thanks for the offer of taking on my poor unfortunate mare... I think I'll give her a chance... for NOW
    Vancouver Equine
    www.vaneq.com