The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Helmet sizing? CO Pro II vs Tipperary

So I had the original Tipperary for a L O N G time. I think it was a medium... Now I have the CO Pro II skull cap in 7 1/8. That should be a large in the *new* "original" Tipperary helmet. Anyone know how the old and the new compare? And is the new one REALLY like the old one? That thing they came out with in the middle of the old and latest one was shaped really special...

I would guess you would wear a large. I wear a 6 7/8 in my GPA, a....2? in my CO skull and a medium in my Tipperary (the new one).

The new one is identical in fit to the original. I also got the new skull from them, the Titan and it is awesome! Best schooling helmets ever!
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

I always felt that the tipperary was sized a little off. I wear a 6 7/8 in my CO showjumper (not sure what size the skull is) and wear a small in the Tipperary. I started with a Medium, but it became too big rather quickly, so I sold it and got the smaller size. Now that it has packed out (it is several years old) even the small seems a little big-this is the original one though.