The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Cool Cool kid looking for a cool horse to play with in Pa

Hi Everyone
    I hope that this gets posted here because we have a great kid who is looking for a good down to earth honest horse. My daughter recently was given a horse that we had to give back and she is heartbroken. So now we are trying to find her another horse.
    I often wonder how this kid came from me because she has no desire to show and compete. All she wants to do is ride the trails and maybe go do a class here and there for the fun of showing with me.
    Ava is 16 and is a timid rider. She needs someone quiet, not really big (around 15h or so) not too old (around 12ish) someone who is a take your hat and run kinda horse. She needs a horse that is in your pocket and makes you laugh and enjoys being groomed for hours (and i mean HOURS) on end. She needs someone sound with no major issues, especially after what we just went through.
    She likes stockier QH draft types but she just wants a cool horse. She's a cool kid herself and I'm sure there is some retired show horse that could use a kid like Ava.
    If you have someone that might suit her, please call me (717)542-1832. We are in Pennsylvania in York County
    Last edited by onelove; Jun. 23, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

Default Good horse for a Good kid

This does sound like a good kid. How about checking out the broker-owned page of Another Chance for Horses and helping this great kid provide a loving home for a deserving horse? There are some listed this week that just need a home. Funds have already been raised for purchase. Others from this week's auction are just being posted. Would be great to make a kid and a horse happy Good luck

oooooooooooo, yeah, i saw that in AC4H.......that would be great for you, dollar-wise........just have to have an approved home............

I looked but I didn't see the horses you guys are talking about. Everyone on there has a price tag....

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    This does sound like a good kid. How about checking out the broker-owned page of Another Chance for Horses and helping this great kid provide a loving home for a deserving horse? There are some listed this week that just need a home. Funds have already been raised for purchase. Others from this week's auction are just being posted. Would be great to make a kid and a horse happy Good luck

I'm pretty sure the horses on the first page have been "bailed" by Voices for Horses and are available to an approved home, but please check with AC4h to be sure. Also, if those don't work, AC4h and VFH might be willing to raise funds for purchase/adoption of another one if you and your daughter would provide the kind of great home they are looking for. Maybe just let them know what you can do. They need good homes and what a great lesson for a great kid!

Sent you an email.
    Tiffanie

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the horses on the first page have been "bailed" by Voices for Horses and are available to an approved home, but please check with AC4h to be sure. Also, if those don't work, AC4h and VFH might be willing to raise funds for purchase/adoption of another one if you and your daughter would provide the kind of great home they are looking for. Maybe just let them know what you can do. They need good homes and what a great lesson for a great kid!
    Adopting from a rescue is a great lesson, yes indeed. But having someone fundraise to buy it for you...not so much.

I would keep a close eye on your local Craigslist, and check local rescues, but most rescues are going to want some sort of adoption fee.
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Long shot but...

The rescue I volunteer at has a Haflinger mare I'm surprised doesn't have a home yet as she's a very nice girl. She's only about 13.3 though but one of the adult volunteers usually rides her (so it'd depend on your "cool kid's" size). You can see her over here: http://gentlegiantsdrafthorserescue.com/Chopper.html

They've got a couple other horses that might theoretically be possible (despite being a draft rescue) but I figure are either too young, too unsound, or too large for what you're looking for.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Wink Loff this little one!!

Quote Originally Posted by analise View Post
    Long shot but...

The rescue I volunteer at has a Haflinger mare I'm surprised doesn't have a home yet as she's a very nice girl. She's only about 13.3 though but one of the adult volunteers usually rides her (so it'd depend on your "cool kid's" size). You can see her over here: http://gentlegiantsdrafthorserescue.com/Chopper.html

They've got a couple other horses that might theoretically be possible (despite being a draft rescue) but I figure are either too young, too unsound, or too large for what you're looking for.
    K that is an adorable pony that needs to be loved and doted on by at least 3 kids. (1 for the frisky days, 1 for the slow days and 1 just to love and groom on her still the kiddo is big enough to ride.) If I could afford a horse right now I would so be interested in that one.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

look at giveaways, the post about pony-horse by mambo9

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho392 View Post
    look at giveaways, the post about pony-horse by mambo9
    Does sound like a good match

Here's the link to the thread: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=262521
    Richard, Approved Black KWPN Stallion
    Website
    and Facebook page
    Oh Kaptain Underpants SFS, Approved BRp pony stallion
    Website and Facebook page

Any luck yet?
    I have an aged horse who fits this to a T if the cool kid wants to play until a long term mount is found...
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.