The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Hello everyone,

Writing from the Northampton Fair, where we have taken 117 listings (so far!) of some VERY nice horses for sale. 99% of these horses were bought/shipped in by trainers who do not intend to ship them back to their home tracks, and they *must* sell by the end of the race meet. Incredibly good-looking, sound TBs with great potential for a wide variety of competitive disciplines are definitely to be found here! These are some seriously NICE horses.

We have uploaded photos and descriptions of the vast majority of the listings we've taken. To see them, go to:

http://canterusa.org/newengland/sale/index6.htm

**IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THESE HORSES (AND THE MANY MORE LIKELY TO BE FOR SALE) - Please stop by the fairgrounds. CANTER NE volunteers will be available from 8 AM to 3 PM today, 9/12, as well as next Saturday and Sunday (9/18 and 9/19). And you don't have to limit your trip to the weekends! You are also welcome to make an appointment with specific trainer(s) who have horses of interest, if it is more convenient for you to come during the week.

THESE HORSES MUST SELL BY THE END OF THE MEET NEXT WEEKEND. There is also a possibility that racing will be cancelled next weekend due to inclement weather from Hurricane Ivan; if that is the case, the horses will need to move off the grounds even sooner. Excellent bargains are to be found everywhere, as are horses who really, really just need and deserve a good home.

~There are a handful of horses at the fair who have injuries requiring some layup, and they are at-risk of going to auction. If you can open your heart to one of these horses as a foster or adoptive caregiver, please call CANTER at 781-354-6291 or e-mail canterne@canterusa.org as soon as possible. Time is of the essence.~

Thank you and please do pass along the word to as many horse lovers in the area as possible.

Hello everyone,

Writing from the Northampton Fair, where we have taken 117 listings (so far!) of some VERY nice horses for sale. 99% of these horses were bought/shipped in by trainers who do not intend to ship them back to their home tracks, and they *must* sell by the end of the race meet. Incredibly good-looking, sound TBs with great potential for a wide variety of competitive disciplines are definitely to be found here! These are some seriously NICE horses.

We have uploaded photos and descriptions of the vast majority of the listings we've taken. To see them, go to:

http://canterusa.org/newengland/sale/index6.htm

**IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THESE HORSES (AND THE MANY MORE LIKELY TO BE FOR SALE) - Please stop by the fairgrounds. CANTER NE volunteers will be available from 8 AM to 3 PM today, 9/12, as well as next Saturday and Sunday (9/18 and 9/19). And you don't have to limit your trip to the weekends! You are also welcome to make an appointment with specific trainer(s) who have horses of interest, if it is more convenient for you to come during the week.

THESE HORSES MUST SELL BY THE END OF THE MEET NEXT WEEKEND. There is also a possibility that racing will be cancelled next weekend due to inclement weather from Hurricane Ivan; if that is the case, the horses will need to move off the grounds even sooner. Excellent bargains are to be found everywhere, as are horses who really, really just need and deserve a good home.

~There are a handful of horses at the fair who have injuries requiring some layup, and they are at-risk of going to auction. If you can open your heart to one of these horses as a foster or adoptive caregiver, please call CANTER at 781-354-6291 or e-mail canterne@canterusa.org as soon as possible. Time is of the essence.~

Thank you and please do pass along the word to as many horse lovers in the area as possible.

God, I need to stay away from these threads and the chesnut mares in particular. I love this mare. And this guy. and her. And this one has cute name.

WhenI'm rich, I'm so going buy about a million of them http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif.
    Still Crazy After All These Years

Cry!

I WANT at least one. But I live across the country, and this is SO not a good time for me to be buying more horses.

17handtb, is there any chance of getting a pic of Girl Gone Wild? She's #13, and one of Steve Murtaugh's horses...

oh wow...I saw a few i want...I just need to convince dad to hook up the trailer and fill some empty stalls!!
    Paris Hill Equestrian Centre-website coming soon!

<span class="ev_code_RED">SOMEONE PLEASE GRAB HIM.</span> NoHo-96: Devil's Rein, chestnut gelding, 4 years old. 16 hands. "Totally sound and a cool dude, riding him is like riding in a rocking chair." $1500 OBO Charlie Frock, 410-236-2373 (Photo) I WANT THIS ONE.
    "The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse" Lord Palmerston

Anyone see any that look like good sport horse broodmares?

hey XLAHT - this is Laura and I'm a CANTER volunteer out at Northhampton this weekend... I can honestly say that there are TONS of gorgeous mares that would make good sporthorse moms... (not to mention geldings and stallions)

I am running out the door so I can't take too much time right now, but check out Sahara Sands (#98) or Fossie's Jill #20 (she needs groceries but is huge and put together well), Beyond Great (#113) and MANY MORE!!

These ladies NEED homes - call the trainer or call us, get down there ASAP... they will only be there through next weekend. Spread the word..

We're leaving the hotel now and heading to the track, so we won't be online today. Call us 781-354-6291 if you need any information

- Laura

Wish I could take a couple. Im just too far away! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

I am crossposting everywhere come on everyone let as many know as possible. Please crosspost.

You know their could be another million dollar hunter there now.
    Ms Robin
    Farm Websites & SEO, Low Prices, Barter available!
    ~No Horses to Slaughter clique~

The shame of it. All these nice horses need homes and they're so damn far away. I could actually adopt one, but I'm in MN and it's not logistically possible.
    The other shame of it is that there is a track here and NO CANTER. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by XHALT:
    Anyone see any that look like good sport horse broodmares? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about this one ?

Fancy Flair
    __________________________________________________ __________

They are all gorgeous!! What is happening to the ones that don't find homes?
    Wish I lived closer http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

Man, I wish I could afford another 6 or 7 horses. I saw a few on the site that I would take in an instant.

This is one of them.
    NICE shoulder.
    There is something about this mare... I like her.
    Looks athletic, must see in person!
    Sweet expression
    LOVE HIS COLOR!
    What a face!!!!!
    I like him!

MUST STOP LOOKING....
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stilicho:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by XHALT:
    Anyone see any that look like good sport horse broodmares? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about this one ?

http://canterusa.org/newengland/sale...FancyFlair.JPG <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

she's beautiful!
    so many qorgeous, deserving horses...
    I am telling everyone I know..including non-horse people.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

I like #58 - Very Eloquent; #68 - Plain Ole Abe; #98 - Sahara Sands .. and thats as far as I got before AOL crashed. Seems to be something about the horses ending in 8....
    TIMBERRIDGE SPORTHORSES:
    www.timberridgesporthorses.com
    --> Just Press Start // '99 Oldenburg
    --> Always The Optimist (reg. Simply Stylin) // '02 Thoroughbred

Party Rose...I LOVE him, he's on top of my list...if I can convince my parents to go, i will look at him!!
    Paris Hill Equestrian Centre-website coming soon!

#72 Dancing Chevron, #68 Plain Ole Abe, #61 Keles, #52 Shego, #49 Mabilis Lady and that gorgeous black stallion #1 I want them all, wish I were closer I'd def. be getting one of them!

I must be out of my mind.

I'm seriously considering that Girl Gone Wild mare.

I'd just ship her directly to Fred and breed her in the spring.

Somebody, please, tell me I'm nuts!

Simkie, YOU ARE NUTS!!!!! Now, go get her, breed her and post lots of pics of her and her baby. We wouldn't be horse people if we were not NUTS! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif That is what it is all about. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook