The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need to find local store with Mare's Match - SouthCentral PA area

Long story but does anyone know of a store in the southcentral PA/northern MD area which has Mare's Match in stock?

A week ago we lost a mare & had an orphan foal. The same day, I ordered a bucket of Mare's Match from our local Agway & they said it would be in Tuesday (which I thought meant the next day, but when I checked, they said it'd take a week & be in on 6/22.)

So I drove to another local Agway & bought the 2 buckets that they had, to tide us over. (The little girl has a voracious appetite.)

I've double-checked the order, my husband has stopped in. It'll be here on 6/22, they said each time.

I was just told today, "Oops, sorry about that - there isn't any at the warehouse & we don't know if we'll be able to get it next week, either."

Nice.

Unfortunately, I think all the local Agways who get the product from Southern States are stocked from that same empty warehouse. (And if you try to order direct from the manufacturer, you pay the same retail price as going to a store & THEN $30 shipping on top.)

So anyone who knows a store somewhere within an hour or so's drive of Carlisle, PA which stocks Mare's Match, I'd be grateful for the information. I don't want to change formula because she is doing really well - but only so long as my last bucket holds out!

Thanks.
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

I can't help you but I can commiserate! I've run into the same mess trying to get Mare's Match through our local feed store for our filly. It was supposed to be here last Wednesday but someone had the order blank wrong or something...so now it will be here this Wed. supposedly. I think I'll believe it when I see it.

I do have some Kid's Milk replacer if I have to and the clinic today gave me enough to get me through until Wed.

I wish you good luck in finding some.

Ah, I've been following your ordeal - I wonder if it would be worth ordering in quantity from Land O Lakes . . . might be my next move, if the local stores fail me.

I'm halfways in a panic because I've only got enough for a couple more days & don't know where the next batch is coming from (or when it will arrive).

By tomorrow, I might find the Gettysburg Agway has ordered a couple more buckets & I'll be fine. Or I might find I'm taking a long drive to find it . . .
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

We lost a mare last year and had great help from our feed rep at our feed supplier.
    Cindy Carruthers is with Rohrers: http://www.rohrerfeeds.com/
    You might give her a call!
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Thanks for the suggestion - I appreciate it (and wouldn't have known to look there).