The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse videos on youtube

K, I hope I can post this because though it is about my computer it IS horse related. I have uploaded a video clip of one of my horses on youtube. Only problem being is that I cannot view it. I get the message that reads "An error occurred please try again later". Anyways, I realised after trying to watch some other horse videos that I get the same message for EVERY video I try to watch! I know it is just my computer because everyone else can seem to watch them (mine included) just fine. I used to be able to watch them all as well about a week ago and have no idea what might have changed. So would love ideas??
    I have been to marestare and I can watch the live streaming videos there no problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Adobe flash, I have deleted cookies/temp files etc, added youtube into my "trusted" sites and other ideas? Please help, I list horses videos on there quite often and find this frustrating to say the least when I can't "proof" them so to speak.
    Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.cindyswarmbloods.com Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.facebook.com/CindysWarmbloods Join Us on Facebook for latest updates!

First thing to do is reboot your computer.Not once, but twice.

Then see if you get the same message. If you do, then go to your Windows
    Restore application and choose a date to restore when your computer WAS viewing Youtube videos.

If this doesn't work, let us know and we'll troubleshoot some more.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

How long did this go on for? If it was for a short period of time and is not happening anymore, could have been an intermittent bug on YouTube's side.

What speed connection are you using?

It has been going on since Friday and REALLY getting annoying.

Sonesta you are the BEST!!!! I don't know how many times I have rebooted my computer and how many hours I have spent reading trying to figure out what went wrong. Well apparently booting it TWICE definately took care of whatever problem I was having! Yeah!!! Thanks so much for your help! I guess I still don't know what was wrong but I guess atleast it is fixed whatever it was.
    Cindy's Warmbloods

Yeah, I learned the hard way that rebooting twice (without doing anything else) sort of resets everything. Glad it worked for you. But do remember that restoring your computer to a previous point can be a life-saver when double rebooting fails to clear the problem.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I had already restored it to a previous point (3 weeks prior) and that didn't work. So I was really running out of ideas, glad the rebooting twice did work!
    Cindy's Warmbloods