The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

The owners have not responded to my email yet. So everyone please sit on your hands.

I just noticed that there was actually a phone number in the ad. As soon as I get up some energy, I'll call. Since it was written out, I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalannie View Post
    Chiming in to help this lovely mare get to Viney!

Viney, please e-mail me particulars. I can respond on Monday.

And very good luck for a smooth transaction.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Just wanted to let y'all know that I called and left a message. I do hope her people get in touch with me.

I'm in for helping with shipping costs to get B'way to Viney. I will PM Louise and Viney.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

Viney, please update as soon as possible (and I do realize that you probably have not received a call back yet). The carrier I have lined up will want to pick up early next week. He's being very patient with us, and I have told him that, if anything else comes up he should grab it. We can always start from scratch again, but this guy is offering an excellent price. We probably won't see as good a price from anyone else.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I emailed again this morning. I tried to explain that I was not a Nigerian scammer. If the seller doesn't want to deal long distance, I'm pretty much at a standstill.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Viney, please update as soon as possible (and I do realize that you probably have not received a call back yet). The carrier I have lined up will want to pick up early next week. He's being very patient with us, and I have told him that, if anything else comes up he should grab it. We can always start from scratch again, but this guy is offering an excellent price. We probably won't see as good a price from anyone else.

Yup, I agree. You've done all you can. We'll just have to hold tight and see. I'll call the guy, and tell him you haven't heard back yet, just so he knows that we haven't just left him hanging.

I'm just across the border in Ontario. I can drive down and look and be the long distance "friend" looking at her for you viney so they don't think you're a scammer. Or look at the mare and "buy" her somehow (not my preferred option but if that's what it takes).

I didn't realize she was so close to me (well she's 120 km away but I'm due for a road trip to Watertown to shop).

Seriously willing to do that. Let me know.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

I've gotten an email response. Seller says she'll get back to me later today. She's got someone coming to look tomorrow, but questions the fit. So I'm somewhat encouraged.

Equine Studies, thank you so much for the offer. I hope it doesn't need to come to that.

Thanks to all y'all for caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Studies View Post
    I'm just across the border in Ontario. I can drive down and look and be the long distance "friend" looking at her for you viney so they don't think you're a scammer. Or look at the mare and "buy" her somehow (not my preferred option but if that's what it takes).

I didn't realize she was so close to me (well she's 120 km away but I'm due for a road trip to Watertown to shop).

Seriously willing to do that. Let me know.

Crossing my fingers for you! Keep us posted.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Studies View Post
    Crossing my fingers for you! Keep us posted.
    After reading the email again, it may just be a form letter. The writer went through the craigslist reply email and there was nothing specific in response to the email that I sent.

All I can do now is wait.

If she is in Binghamton, NY, I'm about 4 hours south, if there is anything you need from me. Not exactly next door, but on the same interstate & 4 hours closer to you than she is now.

Keeping a good thought for you!
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

I'm in Rochester and would also be happy to go be the look-see; I know there have been offers but I wouldn't have to cross a border! (Equine Studies, you are awesome, just wanted to put it out there.)

I haven't been able to get on Coth as frequently lately but I will try to check back more; please PM me if there is anything I can do.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

I'm about an hour and a half away, Viney. Could probably set up something to see her.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Well, heck. We could all go see her and make it a Rochester get together at the same time. Except, we'd probably scare the seller if we all descended on her en-mass.

4 members found this post helpful.

It'd be a hell of a validity verification though.

Keep us posted, Viney; apparently WNY and Southern Canada is all ready to move at your word. Heck of an army you're commanding there!
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

I'm just under 2-1/2 hours away. I like Louise's suggestion. We can all go as cousins (lol).
    Seriously, I have a stall that she could use temporarily if it came to that...

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks, everyone. Still no communication from the seller.

My gut is quivering.

Oops - I'm confused - just looked up Adams Center and it's way up north of Syracuse. So not as close for me. Drat, was just up in Canton last week. But honestly do need to go back!

But in the Binghamton Craigslist? OK, so turns out she's also listed in Syracuse CL...

We have another snow storm coming in tonight. Not the nicest week, too, but looks like most of the snow falling the next couple of days, with only snow "showers" end of week (at least for Syracuse). At least it's not a lake effect storm!

Rochester contingent, if you're coming through Syracuse, could meet up there.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Any word on what's happening? I'm itching for a road trip. I have family in Sayre, PA and this mare is right on the way.

I've emailed the Craigslist Ad address response to my email with a reply almost every day, but there is no answer.

I think I'm going to call again, since the email address doesn't seem to be getting responses.

Last reply gave my phone number and asked seller to pass it on to any new buyer.

The March 13th Binghamton ad can still be pulled up with a Craigslist search.