The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Show #2 after 15 years out, different horse, lots of pics.

I feel like I'm on a roll riding in 2 whole shows in 15 years Anyhow, brought my other 5 y.o. to a little jumper show just around the corner this morning. So that makes my second show in 15 years, and his first ever.

He's a bit of a nutbar at times (formerly ALL the time) and I truly expected him to be an absolute handful the entire time. I have noticed how much saner he's been in the past few months, but he really proved it to me today. Sigh - my baby's growing up He was as laid back as they come upon unloading, had a bit of a 'oh my' moment when I first walked him over to where all the action was, but then I saddled up and got moving and he decided to pretend he'd been doing it all his life.

Proceeded to do one 2'3" course complete with jump off, and one 2'6" timed course. Went clear all three times. We didn't push our luck and go hellbent for time or tight corners or anything, decided to leave that to the ponies.

Anyhow, here's the picture gallery, thanks again to my hubby for taking them

http://www.ktklassen.com/Furry-Frien...07624211_is68T

If anyone is wondering Scout is a 5 y.o. Appendix.
    Last edited by KitKat987; Jun. 20, 2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: blatantly poor grammar!

Your horse looks happy and athletic and very green.

Great job from the looks of the photos!!!

I know you're going to get a bunch of critiques about this. that. and the other. Ya, so what.....

You're on a green bean, doing a good job supporting when needed and staying out of the way when needed.

You should be quite happy with him and your re-entry into the show ring!

Best of luck with your young horse and keep on keeping on with what you're doing!!!

You guys look fantastic and your horse is adorable. Congrats on a successful outing.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

SCOUT is very handsome ~ enjoy ~ looks like you both were having fun!
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

If your horse turns up missing, don't blame me.

Okay, that is a CUTE horse! I love him! He does look very green, but he also looks smart and very athletic. Nice job with him.

Okay, seriously. LOVE him.

love photo 21!

Sounds like you had fun and had great day!

He's simply adorable!
    Congratulations and great job!

What a handsome boy! Looks like a great trip out for his first time ever! Congrats!

Thanks everyone I am so pleased with him. He's come a very long way. When I first got him as an unbroke 2 1/2 year old, he was the single most obnoxious, ignorant beast I've ever met. His previous owners were scared of him, he couldn't be caught, when you finally did get him he'd think nothing of running right over you. They wouldn't even catch him when I went to look at him. If he didn't like something, rearing and striking out were his first reaction. I really disliked him for the first 8 months after I bought him.

He's now a complete attention wh0re and very very playful. Immediately comes galloping when called, loves scratches and kisses and is overall a real sweetheart. He's lovely to take riding out in the mountains and willing to go wherever you ask. I've done all of his training - despite being an old re-rider, so I'm very proud

He's lovely... gotta love a good Appendix.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Gorgeous! You've done a wonderful job with both your horses. In picture 5 ( I think) did he lose a hind left shoe?? or am I seeing things!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    Gorgeous! You've done a wonderful job with both your horses. In picture 5 ( I think) did he lose a hind left shoe?? or am I seeing things!
    Thanks Still has all four. There are horse shoes glued to the panel though if that is what you're looking at. In one of the shots that I didn't post, it REALLY looks like one of his came off and is flying through the air. I did a few double takes on that one as well

nice horse and wil improve in time good that your out and about so he/you can learn as a partnership

He's adorable! Congrats for your 2 shows in 15 years!
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

http://showertimecontemplations.blogspot.com/

Love him! REALLY love the second photo.
    It is a personal preference thing, i think, but i LOOOOOVE a horse that reaches forward in the air. I think Anna-Jane White-Mullin calls it "stylistic reaching?" Might just be his greenness (yeah i invented a word) but I think it's cute.
    "I is Roxie!" yep.

Ride on, ride on. All the bad things are gone.

He is gorgeous and very athletic looking! Congrats!

omg he is adorable! he looks very capable and like such a sweetheart. jumps very cute
    Von Hendrix aka Jimi

He's absolutely adorable!!!
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Thanks everyone I can't wait to get to another show. Why on earth did I stay away so long