The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Mountain Horse Firenze Boots?

I've searched the threads and it doesn't appear that anyone actually has a pair of these boots yet to comment on. Anyone out there have the Firenze boots? I just spent $170.00 putting new zips and soles on my Petries and want to keep them for show. Thinking about the MH Firenze boots for daily use instead. Comments from any one who has them would be much appreciated. I have the MH High Riders in brown and love them to death. Never a problem with the zips and have 3 seasons out of them. The way they are wearing, I'll go through the sole before the zips break (hope I didn't just jinx myself...)
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

Bump
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

There are reviews on the Dover website for them. Also check the Hunter/Jumper forum, there are threads about the Venice field boot which seems to be the same as the Firenze except field boot style.

I have the classic dress and like them. Just ordered a pair of Cavallo's though (since I'm in Germany and all... When in Germany must do like the Germans!) so will need to consolidate when my new boots arrive. Maybe my only complaint is that since my calf is on the bigger side of the regular width that the elastic is stretched to the point of being bothersome on my leg. They aren't hard to zip and do fit but they feel a but restrictive. I think if you are well within the calf range the size chart gives then you won't have this problem.

Thanks for the input. I will check out Dover's website. $200.00 for a pair of Firenzes for everyday boots is better than using my Petries everyday and shelling out another $975.00 for new Petries with zips!