The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lucerne Farms expanded distribution

I've had a HECK of a time finding anything other than hay cubes to give my COPD horse. I looked everywhere for chopped forages of any kind and it was a no-go. Surprise surprise when I walked into TSC and Lucerne Farms Hi-Fiber was sitting there! I logged onto their site and it looks like Manna Pro is a distributor now or something to that effect. Just wanted to pass it along since it's IMPOSSIBLE to find anything like this near me but Manna Pro lists a lot of dealers near me so I'm hoping I might be able to get it regularly. It's about 4 cents a pound more expensive but not having hay-cube-soup remains after every feeding and freezing hay cube buckets in the winter would make it more than worth it. Just thought someone else might be able to benefit!

I found the same thing tonight in our TSC
    Speak kind words,receive kind echos

PA, where the State motto is: "If it makes sense, we don't do it!".

Just for the record--if you're interested in something ask your feed store if they currently carry it, or if can get it for you.

Most of the things I used to buy at the local Agway store I had to ask for. Some of the stuff they carried while some of it was special order. Just because they don't have it out on the floor doesn't mean they don't have it.

I also learned a lot of interesting stuff by calling those 800 numbers for horse products--like Nutrena hay stretcher pellets are sold by Agway under their label but they are the exact same product.... I had to knock myself out to get the Nutrena brand--much, much simpler to order from Agway.
    "Marriage is like a deck of cards--it starts with two hearts and a diamond and after a while you wish you had a club and a spade." ~seen on an anniversary card~